Cloud Security Engineer
MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
As a Security Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring for vulnerabilities/security weaknesses in our infrastructure and apps. This includes conducting and analyzing security scans, SIEM Management/Alerting.
- Creating complex queries for configuring alerts/dashboards within the SIEM and other security tools relevant to the overall security posture.
- Running security scans and triaging workflow to engineering teams.
- Managing security incidents such as occurring attacks or security events.
- Collaborating with our team with decisions on system design, architecture solutions and system reviews.
- Managing static and dynamic security analysis tools from both internal and external viewpoint.
- Providing timely and adequate information about the current state of MURAL security.
- Improving corporate security practices, processes, and standards.
- Responding to any ongoing or completed incidents, performing forensic analysis to find the root cause, and setting possible action points
- Developing and documenting technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
The top candidate will bring experience working with small to medium, high growth, global tech companies.
- 3+ years experience as a Back-end Engineer or as a Security Engineer, ideally working with Node.js, Docker, K8s, with a keen interest in Security Operations and Incident Response.
- Deep understanding of Linux, Networking, Cryptography, and Cloud Architectures (Preferably Azure). You also know your way around Docker (or other containerization technologies) and CI/CD pipelines, Securing and monitoring DB architecture, working within SIEM technologies.
- You have hands-on experience with Burp, Nessus, Metasploit, etc. Any experience with them, other popular tools, or have built your own tool is a big plus.
- Preferred knowledge of CIS/NIST/OWASP methodology and web and mobile vulnerabilities.
- Ability to solve complex problems by considering multiple solutions, weighing them, and deciding on the best course of action.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Security Architect jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs