Lead Site Reliability Engineer, CoinDesk Indices
Stamford, Connecticut, United States, Remote
CoinDeskLeader in cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, blockchain, DeFi, digital finance and Web 3.0 news with analysis, video and live price updates.
CoinDesk is the most influential, trusted platform for a growing global community engaged in the transformation of the financial system and the emerging crypto economy. Founded in May 2013, the CoinDesk platform provides millions of consumers interested in cryptocurrency assets and blockchain technology with news and insights, podcasts, live streaming TV shows, research reports, live events, and a toolkit of indexes, data, and analytics. CoinDesk is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, one of the largest private investors in the industry and a provider of trading and other investment services for that industry. CoinDesk operates entirely independently of the parent company. DCG has no involvement in editorial or content decisions. Twitter: @ CoinDesk
TradeBlock is the leading provider of real-time indexes for the spot price of various digital currencies, equipping firms with an effective price discovery mechanism crucial in navigating the volatile digital currency markets. Additionally, TradeBlock is the premier platform for institutional digital currency traders, complete with a powerful suite of market and blockchain data, as well as execution and post-trade tools for liquidity providers, asset managers, corporate clients, and exchanges, among others. For more information on TradeBlock, please visit https://tradeblock.com.
About the role
CoinDesk Indexes' Site Reliability Engineers design and maintain data infrastructure built to process vast amounts of crypto and blockchain data, with high degrees of accuracy and performance. Our data architecture is of substantial volume and size, aggregating billions of data points on a daily basis. This includes crypto market data, such as order books and trade executions, and network-level data from various blockchain protocols. We build-out connectivity to ingest, process, and distribute data from countless marketplaces. We also process data from various blockchain networks in order to provide institutional clients and CoinDesk readers the most reliable blockchain data and tooling in the world.
- Collaborate with engineering teams members on system design and enhancements to the software development life cycle.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and documentation practices to promote a culture of collaboration.
- Own the performance and availability of our systems, innovating with the existing team to continuously improve upon both.
- Automate all phases of product life cycle, automating responses to failures, and generally eliminating as much operational work as possible.
- Develop engineering solutions that optimize hardware and software to achieve required service levels, performance, and economics.
- Support end-to-end solutions, including applications, servers, networks, data pipelines and data platforms.
- Take ownership and responsibility of issues and manage them effectively to resolution.
- 6+ years of experience in software or systems engineering.
- 4+ years infrastructure experience in crypto currencies, FX, or traditional capital markets.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and AWS.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and in-memory data stores.
- Strong networking fundamentals such as firewalls, load balancers, TCP/IP protocols.
- Familiarity with logging, monitoring, and alerting tools.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Experience with SDLC processes.
- Experience with C/C++ or Python.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Objective, data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- 3+ years running bare-metal systems.
- 2+ years experience in AWS administration.
- 3+ years experience with Linux.
- System tuning and kernel optimization.
- PG and Redis experience.
- HAProxy experience.
In an effort to attract, retain, develop and promote the most qualified individuals, CoinDesk is committed to treating all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status/service, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This mandate governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, education, social and recreation programs, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits.
For more information on our DEI initiatives, please visit: https://www.coindesk.com/dei/.
CoinDesk is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, CoinDesk will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis. (edited)
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Security Architect jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs