Senior DevSecops Engineer_IBMCloud
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
IBM Cloud Computing is a one-stop shop which provides all the cloud solutions & cloud tools the industries need. IBM Cloud portfolio includes infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) offered through public, private and hybrid cloud delivery models, in addition to the components that make up those clouds.
IBM Cloud ensures seamless integration into public and private cloud environments. The infrastructure is secure, scalable, and flexible, providing customized enterprise solutions that have made IBM Cloud the Hybrid Cloud Market leader with our market leading IAAS and PAAS Platforms. The IBM Cloud platform is the public cloud offering from IBM providing services to global enterprises. IBM Cloud is the Cloud for Smarter Business, built on Open Technology with Developer Tools and supports solutions by Industry. We run the services and workloads from Watson, Blockchain, Services, Security, and IoT.
Ready to help drive IBM's success in the Cloud market? This is your chance to research and learn new Cloud related technology products and services, as well as to design and implement quick Cloud based prototypes while advancing your career in leading edge technology.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are:
A DevSecops Engineer role is to ensure IBM Key Protect / Cloud Object Storage is operating in the most secure manner protecting IBM's assets from threats both internal and external. Automation is key in the world of managing Security and Compliance therefore a programming background is also desired as needed.
What you’ll do:
The DevSecops Engineer is needed to help support numerous system security and audit based deliverables helping the team to ensure controls are in place and functioning.
You will contribute to the following:
- automating the collection of audit evidence
- automating fixes for security vulnerabilities
- automating alerts for security findings discovered
- collaborating across teams to implement the above items
- security and compliance should always be prioritized and you’ll become an advocate for other squads within the Key Protect service team
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the expert you want to be.
- You’ll learn directly from Senior members/leaders in this field.
- You'll have the opportunity to work with multiple clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience
- Desirable developing languages: Shell scripting, Python, Golang or any other scripting language. Automation experience is a must.
- Extensive experience with Cloud platform - AWS/Azure/any of the public cloud platforms.
- Experience in ELK, Graylog and other log aggregation services.
- Knowledge of configuration management tools: Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet.
- Extensive experience with cloud provisioning tools
- Extensive experience working with different DevOps and Dev teams to enable cyber
- security features and patch vulnerabilities.
- Experience creating meaningful alerts to detect security incidents.
- Deep understanding of application security architecture and lifecycle.
- Extensive experience with vulnerability management.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Deep understanding of networking and cloud security
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible AWS Azure Chef ELK Golang Puppet Python Salt Vulnerabilities