Software Engineer, Server Infrastructure, Data and Analytics
Seattle Area (Bellevue), WA
Niantic's Data and Analytics Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer to build and contribute to our data and analytics infrastructure that is part of our planet-scale real world platform, the Niantic Lightship Platform. This is the platform underpinning the games that Niantic publishes such as Pokémon GO, Ingress, and Pikmin Bloom. Join us in building and contributing to the next-generation data and analytics platform that would help Niantic build better games using data.
- Build on our Analytics platform, which is offered to the games in the form of a Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution and tackle planet-scale problems.
- Design, develop and maintain a set of data infrastructure that processes telemetry on the order of millions of events per second.
- Work on our next-generation marketing and A/B testing framework that would enable parallel experiments to be run on the games with the goal of helping us make better games that empower our players to explore the world with others.
- Collaborate cross functionally with product, game engineering, and other platform engineering teams to ensure that we are building the appropriate solution for them.
- Perform load testing, participate in code and design reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- 2+ years of experience building reliable and scalable systems. 5+ years for senior candidates.
- Proficient in object-oriented languages such as Java and Go.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Experience with cloud-computing platforms such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience working with large-scale data processing engines, e.g. Apache Spark, GCP Cloud Dataflow.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Security Architect jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs