Senior Platform Engineer
San Francisco, CA or Remote
Domino has an ambitious vision for data science and machine learning. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including Salesforce, Dell, RedHat, Gap, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Bayer. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Zetta Venture Partners, and Bloomberg Beta, Domino is at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies build better cars, develop more effective medicine, or simply recommend the best song to play next.
Join us in tackling cutting-edge problems such as provisioning Kubernetes clusters in esoteric locations, crafting and deploying highly-available services for dynamic cluster orchestration, and figuring out how to automate it all, from scratch, in a reproducible, reliable manner. Work closely with many parts of the organization such as customer success, deployment and application engineering to ensure they can function frictionlessly and achieve their goals. Reliable infrastructure and tooling can have a multiplicative effect on productivity and organizational efficiency, come help us push the envelope!
- Design and develop software solutions that manage the lifecycle of Domino deployments
- Create technical designs and clearly communicate them in writing and in person to cross functional stakeholders
- Enable fellow engineers to achieve high code quality through reviews and tooling
- Act as a force multiplier for software deployment and scaling efforts by product engineering
- Contribute to open source software projects
Qualifications / Skills
- Programming experience (Python, Go, Shell)
- Experience with containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure and configuration automation (Terraform, Helm, SaltStack)
- Familiarity with the Linux ecosystem (Ubuntu, RHEL)
- Experience with Cloud IaaS (primarily AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with modern software components (Nginx, Mongo, Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, JVM, Play)