Senior Database Administrator
AppianDiscover the power of low-code automation. Appian is the only leader recognized by industry analysts - in automation, low-code, and case management.
Appian is seeking a Senior Database Administrator to join our fast-growing Business Technology team. Appian's growth trajectory ensures that new employees immediately become core members of our team, working closely with peers and senior managers. We are growing our team and are looking for a talented Senior Database Administrator (DBA) to be a part of the IT operational support team responsible for defining best practices for configuring, upgrading and debugging databases - both on-premises and cloud hosted. The Senior DBA will share responsibility for all aspects of database administration including configuration, patching, tuning, upgrade roadmaps, architecture, security, performance, disaster recovery, troubleshooting and change management.
- Setup, configure, manage and maintain different types of databases (SQL, MySQL, AWS RDS, Maria DB and AWS Redshift) used within the organization.
- Administer and troubleshoot databases including security patching, SQL tuning, capacity planning, and schema design.
- Conduct daily monitoring of all database environments, collect and analyze logs, metrics, and events from the database services to ensure secure, reliable, and optimal performance, and configure alarms/events for proactive monitoring.
- Provide user support to internal and external clients; troubleshoots and resolves database connectivity issues and escalates issues when necessary
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours (if necessary) to accomplish business objectives.
- Develop automated processes to maintain database consistency and synchronize schema or data between production and lower environments.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other team members while working on individual assignments.
To be successful on this role, you need
- To have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- To have 7+ years of experience in setting, configuring and administering databases such as MySQL, PostgresQL and Maria DB.
- To have at least 2 years of experience working as a database administrator on AWS RDS, AWS Redshift, or Snowflake cloud databases.
- To have deep knowledge and experience with UNIX shell scripting and Python scripting.
- To have experience in monitoring data backups, storage, growth and usage.
- To have the experience and ability to tune the performance of databases.
- To have experience working on cloud platforms such as AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- To have deep knowledge in managing patches, fixes and upgrades to maintain organizational standards.
- To have experience developing indexes to speed queries and apply masks to improve data integrity.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Security Architect jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Database Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs