Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Do you have a passion for learning and applying modern software engineering practices to help solve business problems or bring new insight? If so, we are looking for DevOps Engineers to join IBM's Cloud Innovation Lab, working on the future of cloud computing.
You will contribute to a thriving and growing DevOps Engineering team. You will work in a Kubernetes based micro services environment to support our bleeding edge cloud services. This will include custom solutions, as well as open source DevOps tools (build and deploy automation, monitoring and data gathering for our software delivery pipeline). You will also be contributing to our continuous improvement and continuous delivery while increasing maturity of DevOps and agile adoption practices.
- Contribute to a thriving and growing DevOps Engineering team.
- Work in a Kubernetes based micro services environment to support our bleeding edge cloud services. This will include custom solutions, as well as open source DevOps tools (build and deploy automation, monitoring and data gathering for our software delivery pipeline)
- Will also be contributing to our continuous improvement and continuous delivery while increasing maturity of DevOps and agile adoption practices.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 8+ years of overall experience and 6+ years of relevant in Devops
- Experience in delivering micro services at scale; designing micro services solutions
- Proven Cloud experience / delivery of applications with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Expertise in Open source projects from the Cloud native computing foundation, canary deployments
- Proficient in configuration Management tools such as Ansible or any of Terraform Puppet, Chef, Salt etc
- Hands-on experience in Networking / network configuration, Application performance monitoring, Container performance and security
- In-depth understanding of Kubernetes / Docker, Python along with scripting languages like bash/shell
- Solid experience in Linux internals, Linux packaging, Release Engineering (Branching, versioning, tagging), Artifact repository, Artifactory, Nexus and CI/CD tooling (Concourse CI, Travis, Jenkins)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in OOO programming language – Java, Go Language, API programming
- Desirable experience in Cryptography – PKI and Vault
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.