Lead Software Developer, Infrastructure (Bangkok based, Relocation Provided)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The IT Infrastructure team operates all networks, servers, and storage platforms used to deliver services to Agoda’s customers. We support every product within the company, working with a wide range of systems and technology stacks. As part of the IT Infrastructure team, you’ll be working with over 25,000 server instances, one of the largest OpenStack private clouds in Asia, sophisticated Kubernetes-based compute engines, and a data platform capable of transporting and ingesting millions of data messages per second. Each of these opportunities - coupled with an open work environment - are a great way to gain experience on a modern and dynamic platform, constantly evolving to adapt to changes in the business landscape.
Our infrastructure team in Bangkok is searching for an experienced Lead Software Developer (full stack) to help us build services to scale and manage our infrastructure. We are looking for somebody with hands-on experience in infrastructure system development, writing software to interface with the system management APIs exposed by Kubernetes, OpenStack, Ceph, etc
In this Role, you'll get to:
- Lead, design, build (Golang and Python) and support Agoda’s internal private cloud stack built on Kubernetes using Cluster API and building custom controllers/CRDs to deploy and manage multiple global clusters.
- Research and development of infrastructure service improvements to help drive efficiency improvements and provide a vision for the team.
- Constantly reading and learning, moving Agoda forward technically – influences other teams and improves others proactively, keeping us on the cutting edge of technology.
- Work with stakeholders (Software Development teams, other Lead Techs, Infra Management and others to gather requirements and architect scalable, redundant services in an agile scrum environment.
- Troubleshoot product and system issues at scale across multiple global DCs.
- Leading design reviews within the team, department and influencing tech leadership at Agoda.
- Mentoring of other Engineers within the tech at Agoda, preparation of technical documentation and training.
What you'll Need to Succeed:
- At least 7 years of distributed system development experience at staff/lead level or above (GoLang, Python would be advantageous).
- Experience in web development frameworks (full stack), programming libraries and protocols, (for example, Kubernetes Operators/Controllers, Restful API, React, Django, C# etc)
- Experience with virtualization, containers, and container orchestration (Kubernetes/ Openstack/ ContainerD/ Docker etc.)
- Experience with observability/health of systems with monitoring/alerting/logging/visualization services (for example Sensu, Nagios, Logstash, Graphite, Grafana, Kibana, etc.)
- Using open-source projects.
- Experience with mentoring other engineers of different levels.
- Presenting high level designs to senior tech leaders.
- Able to work under pressure and deliver projects on time with little direction.
- Self-motivated, approachable, adaptable, with good communication skills (working language is English).
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
It's Great if you have:
- Experience in creating and using CI/CD and GitOps approach to operations.
- Contributing to open-source projects, especially Kubernetes Operators/Controllers
- Experience using software to interface with Openstack/ Kubernetes/ out of band hardware management APIs (DRAC/ILO), etc.
- Knowledge in physical architecture at scale, building resilient, no single point of failures, highly available solutions.
- Have experience in a data driven company with experience analyzing and working with Big Data
- Lead teams and greenfield projects solving large system problems
- Worked on global projects serving world markets with distributed data centers and localization of the front end and data
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Security Architect jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs