Lead Infrastructure Engineer
FarfetchFarfetch bietet die weltweit größte Auswahl an Luxusmode für Damen und Herren. Shoppen Sie die aktuellen Kollektionen von internationalen Designern und Labels auf einer Webseite.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.TECHNOLOGYWe're on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We're empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.LISBONOur Lisbon office is located in Portugal's cosmopolitan capital. Mostly the teams here are focused around Technology and Store of the Future. In this office, Farfetchers like to have catch-ups in the ball pit or creative moments by the grand piano!THE ROLEWe are looking for a Lead Infrastructure Engineer - with a strong leadership skill and a DevOps mindset obsessed about automation, scalability and infrastructure reliability. As part of this team, you will be joining 100+ other high-experienced Engineers by developing automation and tools for Cloud Orchestration, Infrastructure Automation and CI/CD Pipelines. Additionally, you will be leading a team of geodistributed engineers responsible for key components of the Farfetch Infrastructure. We use our own tools, built on top of state of the art technology, to build and manage an Infrastructure of 3000+ cloud servers that support our production/live services and our teams of software engineers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage a team of geodistributed elements in different timezones, using Agile methodologies to provide high quality and high-paced delivery.
- Understand the company's priorities, and plan the team's delivery accordingly.
- Proactively identify and develop strategies to mitigate technical debt.
- Define and meet service performance according the established SLAs
- Provide and deliver resilient infrastructure through continuous and automated compliance
- Collaborate with the for the definition of the team's roadmap and objectives
- Follow and promote good practices about scale, performance, geo-distribution, multi-cloud, code maintenance, documentation etc. Keep Evolving, Keep Improving.
- Fully own what you (and your team) develop by supporting other colleagues on using and extending the automation and tools so that they can deliver faster, better, harder, stronger! You did it you own it!
- Guide the team into the development of automation and tools with a DevOps mindset on one or more strategic initiatives in the Infrastructure engineering team e.g. Cloud Orchestration, Infrastructure Automation, CI/CD Pipeline.
- Know your team member's ambitions, and identify opportunities for improvement on their careers' development through active mentorship.
WHO YOU ARE
- Graduated or higher in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or related practical experience
- Experienced with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Experienced in the following: Python or Go
- Interested in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- You value identifying and addressing technical debt
- Able to debug and optimize code
- Proficient in English - written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable about reliability metrics, such as SLA, SLI, SLO
- Knowledgeable about Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- You are extremelly organized
- You are concerned about the importance of high-quality documentation
- You care about people, and their career progress as you care about your own
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Job region(s): Europe
Job stats: 0 0 0
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Security Architect jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Database Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs