Senior Database Reliability Engineer - MySQL
ActiveCampaignActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 150,000 businesses build meaningful connections with their customers.
ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
Reliability Engineering organization’s mission is to build platform infrastructure, tooling and educational programs to empower ActiveCampaign’s engineering productivity. Our vision is to provide software leverage by enabling product development engineers to build scalable applications leveraging our platform with high velocity, quality and performance as features.We aim to achieve Reliability Engineering’s platform vision by 1) building a best-in-class Services Platform with 4 9s of availability, flexibility, security and compliance by default, 2) providing APIs, abstractions, infrastructure, composable services and self-service interfaces to accelerate product delivery, 3) optimizing cost-to-serve to achieve profitable scale, and 4) automating repeatable, time consuming and complicated infrastructure tasks and by building self service features and functionality that delight and inspire our developers to do their best work.
The Senior Database Reliability Engineer is an engineering leadership role to sustain, transform and scale our OLTP relational database infrastructure. You will develop, deploy and operate our global MySQL infrastructure based on AC’s engineering principles, delivering 24x7 availability, with high performance, scalability and reliability. You will join a team with deep experience with MySQL and contribute your engineering expertise to build and support our global Platform.
What your day could consist of:
- Operate and scale large, managed Tier-1 MySQL (versions 5.6 and 5.7) clustered infrastructure across cloud regions and environments with self-service tooling
- Design replication topologies for OLTP, OLAP and maintenance workloads
- Configure and tune MySQL for high-performance
- Operate with MySQL proxy and binlog servers
- Design multi-tenant and single-tenant data storage models and migrated applications between different tenancy models
- Proficiency with open source and proprietary MySQL data migration and replication tools
- Monitor very large MySQL deployments for availability and performance
- Experience applying event sourcing and CQRS patterns to new and legacy software applications
- Have a demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple product and platform teams
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical stakeholders across various business units and executives
- Proficiency with LinuxCuriosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement.
What is needed:
- Leverage your deep expertise with MySQL and ecosystem to help us build and operate a modern data platform
- Participate in on-call and use your AWS, SQL and NoSQL technical experience to support the uptime for our production platform, services and tools
- Experience with large scale multi-regional infrastructure deployments
- Experience with PHP would be nice
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with Kafka will be beneficial
- Understanding of Customer Experience Platforms or equivalent
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values: Start with trustMake the customer a heroCultivate inclusion & diversityIterate everything, alwaysCreate WOWPursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 0 0 0
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Security Architect jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs