Network Reliability Engineer III
San Francisco, CA
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
A Network Development Engineer on the Network Reliability Engineering team is responsible for managing the full lifecycle of the global Twitch network with a focus on reliability. The team works to understand and prevent every alert and fault in the Twitch network. A Reliability Engineer is also responsible for engineering and configuration management in the Twitch network including new deployments, augments, migrations. A Reliability Engineer works to identify and create automation solutions for repetitive processes and tasks.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, has a track record of successfully delivering complex projects on time, and possess a background in IP networks. The desire and ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment is essential.
- Engineer solutions for network implementation, support and operations
- Manage a global backbone, including: traffic engineering, capacity planning, path diversity / fate sharing
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and teams on diagnosing issues, design proposals and projects
- Mentor and coach junior engineers
- Automate as much as possible
- Rotate through on-call support
- Building and Operating networks for 10+ years
- Advanced experience in a multi-vendor environment (Arista, Juniper, Cisco, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of peering and transit interconnection relationships
- Engineered solutions in protocols such as BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS-TE, IPv4/IPv6, QoS, SNMP, SYSLOG, sFlow/NetFlow
- Ability to code automation in a modern language for example Python, Go or equivalent.
- Advanced level certification such as CCIE or equivalent
- Experience with building applications and working with software development groups
- Experience in service provider networks
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.