QA Automation Engineer
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
DatacomLeverage Datacom's information technology consultants to unlock opportunities for your organisation. Learn about Australasia's largest homegrown tech company.
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
You’ll work with a team of passionate, innovative and dedicated people that focuses on getting the job done whilst delivering the latest solutions to our clients. We are a very fast-paced team who are driven to deliver awesome technology!
As one of New Zealand’s biggest software leaders we have a great mix of senior through to junior levels, so there’s heaps of people to learn from and you can take your career on any path you choose!
About the Role
This is an excellent opportunity to join a diverse and dynamic solution provider with a huge range of clients and high-level in-house expertise. We adhere to agile principles and deliver using modern technologies, the latest development tools and practices, and always put customer value first.
Your talent is critical to help us build out frameworks and drive modern automation thinking and practice in our enterprise level clients. You will be contributing to a top-performing dedicated team and furthering your career as part of our in-house mentoring process.
We place our trust in you to build on our industry-leading frameworks in the API, UI and Mobile space and you will also bring a history of great manual testing practice and truly understand good QA strategy.
Great! What skills do I need?
To earn a place on our team with a very competitive salary, you can work confidently to established frameworks in either C# or Java, and ideally are able to implement your own framework.
You must demonstrate a minimum of 2 years dedicated automation experience across any one of API, UI or mobile layers and have strong manual QA experience, with ISTQB or similar.
We will ask you to show us your:
- Proven knowledge across unit, functional, system, integration and end-to-end testing.
- Show deep understanding of object-oriented design principles and ideally a development background.
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment.
- Proven experience in Agile and Dev/Ops development environments
- Knowledge of development best practice, BDD, Gherkin, continuous improvement, measurement process and Agile.
You are also someone who is self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. You will be technically skillful and genuinely interested in technology as a creative pursuit and not just a job. You can demonstrate the ability to learn, pivot and be open to new ideas. A client-focused attitude is a must, along with demonstrated team capability.
Please note that You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this job.
The Big Picture
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
If this sounds like to role you’ve been looking for- don’t delay, Apply Now!
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Security Architect jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs