Site Reliability Engineer
Prague, the Czech Republic
Pure StorageDiscover a better way to interact with your data through storage that’s always modern, easy to manage, and provides a flexible way to consume.
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
PURE IN PRAGUE
We opened our R&D Second Home (besides the one in Silicon Valley) in Prague in January 2020 and since then we have experienced unbelievable growth. Our Engineers are solving complex engineering problems (from low-level system software to cloud computing) that help us innovate our cutting-edge products. Besides our world-class Software Engineering teams, we have many other talented colleagues working in Product Management, Sales, Finance, and HR to name a few. What’s more, we’ve developed these teams from talent across the globe.This role will be as an SRE in our Engineering Support Organisation. We support many tools, and the team you will join currently specializes in five critical applications in particular: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Git, and Artifactory. You will ensure these systems meet our SLO goals for uptime and latency.You will be working on two main areas: working directly with engineers and managers to help them leverage the features and workflows available in your and your colleagues’ assigned applications, and also to keep the backend web servers, load balancers, and database servers healthy and running smoothly.Our team maintains a healthy balance between building tools and helping Engineering run efficiently, so there will also be time to pursue learning opportunities and career growth. What You Bring To The Team
- Ability to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot enterprise systems running Atlassian, Jfrog, and other core components of a large, distributed SDLC pipeline.
- Understanding of systems and database performance tuning preferably around the Atlassian suite or similar Java app
- Able to create scripts which assist in the automation of Jira functionality
- Experience Deploying, upgrading and patching Web apps and their backing systems
- Have designed and managed web proxy software like HAProxy or NGINX
- Used Postgres enough to triage issues and familiar with monitoring and load balancers for Postgres, including tools like PgBouncer and pgpool
- Passion for testing updates of the tools and plug-ins to ensure compatibility
- Ensure the reliability of the Atlassian suite, including third-party products, and associated components
- Knowledge of JIRA projects, schemes, complex workflows, permission schemes, and notification schemes to be able to understand impact of the changes made by front end team
- Strong understanding of REST APIs, cookie auth, tokens, and automation usage patterns
- Experience writing documentation of JIRA best practices and policies
- A collaborative spirit and desire to join a supportive team
- Has experience identifying issues, diagnosing, and carrying them through to resolution
- Will strive to get applications to run with maximum uptime
- Be available for 24x7 pager rotation
- Well organised, with ability to prioritise and set goals, maintain focus and follow-through
- Has run apps for large enterprises and understands scaling and capacity planning
- Has participated in a geographically-distributed team
- Is comfortable operating in a consensus-driven culture
- Strives to understand “the request behind the request” before rendering assistance
- 3+ years as either a Linux Systems Admin or Site Reliability Engineer
- Proven ability to debug issues to their root cause and design solutions to remediate problems
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Security Architect jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Database Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs