DevOps Engineer Job Description
As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and monitoring our CI/CD Pipeline. In addition, part of the job will include devops like tooling, automation of process and techniques. You will also be given the opportunity to help refactor and integrate existing architecture for greater automation. Large scale administration of Linux servers and knowledge of AWS products like EC2 is mandatory for the position.
- BA/BS in computer science or similar
- Must have been involved in building a devops CI/CD Pipeline
- 2+ years of DevOps and/or build & release experience including delivery to production
- Understanding of version control systems (Git, SVN etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- 2-3 years managing monitor and report systems, and building dashboards on application and server performance and scalability issues (examples: SignalFX, New Relic, or other operations monitoring tools)
- Centralized logging experience with Sumologic or similar products
- Experience with continuous delivery and integration tools: Jenkins, Github
- Experience writing build scripts using Python, Terraform, Unix Shell (bash,ksh)
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible/Chef/Puppet
- Performed continuous deployment in a professional software engineering environment.
- Hands-on Unix/Linux knowledge
- Experience with AWS and/or GCP
- Ability to provide after-hours support as needed for emergency or urgent situations
- Proficient with container based products like docker and kubernetes.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work in a team and be a team player
- Knowledge of of Drupal and other open source software