Deployment Engineer (Devops)
About the Company:
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology - we sell a solution that people can use today to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers and businesses. That’s why we build products to make it easy, quick, and inexpensive for them to innovate with AI, go to market faster, and build better customer experiences. We make “teaching” AI just as accessible as we make using AI, which is why our technology is the most personalized, unbiased, accurate solution in the market.
We have secured $30M in funding up to date, backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You’ll join our AI Deployment Unit as one of a handful of engineers. You’ll work to deliver solutions for the toughest problems defined by our biggest clients. You have the ability to make a significant impact on the company and the AI space as a whole.
The AI Deployment Unit contributes to Clarifai through collaborations with the rest of Customer Success, Applied Machine Learning, Research, and Backend, as follows:
Deployment Engineers are wholly responsible for delivery for Clarifai’s most complex Government clients. We marshall the resources of our team, as well as the rest of the organization to ensure we can deliver on-time and with the accuracy and reliability needed in production systems. You will both apply tried-and-true methodologies for building custom machine learning models as well as work with the research and applied machine learning teams to push the envelope of what is possible. You will work with the backend team to deploy new custom APIs and deal with the complexities of on-premise deployment on every type of cloud or device.
You'll be a good fit for the AI Deployment Unit if you're passionate about ML, AI, and Computer Vision, are comfortable meeting with clients, and don’t mind travelling a bit to ensure our deployments go off without a hitch.
- Work on Clarifai’s most complex public sector accounts, be part of the team responsible for delivering solutions to their most complex needs
- Lead deployments of our infrastructure to bare metal or any one of the major private or public clouds
- Collaborate with the applied machine learning, research, and backend teams to ensure that our models are production-ready wherever they might be deployed (on-premise in a public cloud, private cloud, IoT, iOS, Android, etc.).
- Train private custom models with curated data and evaluate model performance.
- Support customers once in production with model or infrastructure tweaks, ensure that executives at the client continue to renew.
What You Bring:
- 2 year + experience working directly with clients and customer
- You handle pressure well and you love being part of a team that wins.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional devops experience
- Experience coding in Python or C++ or GO
- You are well-versed in observability and reliability best practices.
- Experience deploying container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, GKE, EKS, et al.)
- Experience debugging and operating common cloud datastores (RDS, Cloud SQL, Redshift, et al.) or their open source alternatives.
- You are an expert with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in distributed computing (e.g. hadoop and spark)
- Experience building enterprise software is a plus
- It would be a plus if you have a background in search engines or information retrieval, cloud computing infrastructure (AWS/Azure/Google).
- Great to Have: Experience working on U.S. Government projects
- Security Clearance is a huge plus!