Cloud Architect, Portworx (Sales) - Northeast
New York, NY
Pure StorageDiscover a better way to interact with your data through storage that’s always modern, easy to manage, and provides a flexible way to consume.
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Portworx has joined Pure Storage to form a new Cloud Native Business Unit. Portworx is a cloud native platform that enterprises depend on to reduce the cost and complexity of rapidly deploying containerized applications across multiple clouds and on-prem environments. Via Portworx, you can manage any database or stateful service on any infrastructure using any container scheduler. You get a single data management layer for all of your stateful services, no matter where they run. And we thrive in multi-cloud environments.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect with mastery in containerization, DevOps practices, and running databases in production. Must have extensive knowledge of software development landscape that will help sales teams present the most optimal solutions to customers, the desire and ability to travel within your assigned territory, and a customer-focused mindset. Must be a hands-on technical expert who will support sales activities in the region. This is not a passive technical advisory role supporting sales efforts with technical slides and documentation. This is a proactive, engaging, customer-focused, problem-solving position.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
The Pure Storage Cloud Architecture team is responsible for providing pre-sales deep technical and business expertise to customers who want to run stateful applications in containers and automate “Day 2” data management workflows. You will interface directly with customers as well as collaborate with Product Management as a field representative on development and enhancement of products.
- 5+ years experience as a hands-on software architect, in a customer facing capacity
- Fluency with DevOps concepts and tools, including but not limited to: Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, CI/CD, and other container platforms
- Ability to see and present ‘the big picture’ and offer solutions to improve upon it, proactively seeking out and driving customer oriented solutions.
- Experience in data engineering, big data, and database operations, delivery and operational services
- Expertise and working knowledge of Cloud IaaS environments such as VMware, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform and OpenStack
- Understanding of data platform technologies as they relate to highly available business applications on- prem and in the cloud
- Knowledge of the enterprise application development lifecycle and container platforms’ effect on it
- Experience using and/or developing on a Unix/Linux platform
- Ability to distill complex problems into a simplified vision that drives customer interest in Portworx technologies
- Strong bias for action, drive, initiative
- Charismatic self-starter with a natural ability on stage, in the spotlight, and with customers
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a collaborative team setting
- Analytical ability, problem solving skills and decision-making skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% regionally (temporarily restricted under current global health environment)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Mastery with Kubernetes deployment
- Deployment and troubleshooting of Kubernetes
- Prior experience presenting to IT executives, decision makers and highly technical audiences
- Prior technical Pre-Sales experience
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
- Familiarity with other container orchestration platforms
- Experience with HA deployments for modern scale out databases and data processing solutions like Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Kafka, Elasticsearch and HDFS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Security Architect jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs