Software Engineer, Deployments Team Q3'20
Posted 6 months ago
InfluxDB is one of the most popular and fastest growing open source databases, and is the premier Time Series database available today. It is relied on throughout the world for monitoring infrastructure, IoT, and many other important applications. InfluxData, the company behind influxdb now has a fully SaaS version. In this role, you will be part of the team owning continuous integration and deployment of the Cloud 2.0 SaaS offering.
In order to achieve our next levels of adoption, we need to get even better at minimizing the time between a pull request and releasing code into both versions of InfluxDB, making releases boring by making them stable, well-monitored, and revertable.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with deep experience running in production at scale, and who has a strong interest in Open Source, Kubernetes, and helping fellow developers.
Many InfluxData employees are remote* so you have your choice of working remotely or out of our San Francisco office. We currently support employees in the following US States: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA. If you are in a state we don't yet support, no worries as we can register there. Internationally, we support employees in the UK, Germany, Italy and Canada.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- You have real-world experience in continuous integration and delivery.
- You are knowledgeable about Kubernetes and its surrounding ecosystem.
- You have experience developing internal-facing tools for developers.
- You have experience working closely with teams deploying software to multiple regions in multiple clouds.
- You know how to collaborate with many teams to identify a company's value stream pipeline and where to focus on optimization
- You have designed and implemented delivery pipelines for complex distributed systems.
- You are comfortable coding in Go, or you know enough other languages that picking up Go won't be any trouble for you.
- You have prior experience working with a geographically distributed organization.
- You understand many of the tradeoffs of in delivery design decisions:
- Regularly deploying small batches of changes to production, versus less frequent and larger batches.
- Checking in dependencies into the main repository.
- Deciding on a canary, blue-green, or other deployment strategy.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Designing and maintaining a CI/CD pipeline for our products: Ensuring that developers are able to quickly solve any CI issues they encounter, e.g. they can quickly identify tests that fail.
- Identifying and addressing bottlenecks in the pipeline so that developers get fast feedback on code changes.
- Ensuring that we are tracking appropriate metrics on our pipeline to know that we are improving on quality and throughput.
- Contributing fixes and features back upstream to open source tools used in the pipeline.
- Working with other teams to ensure the components of our SaaS offering are designed to be cloud native and work inside Kubernetes and its ecosystem.
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.