Staff (Senior) DevOps Engineer
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
WellSkyWellSky® offers health care software solutions for every kind of care including home health, hospice, blood management, and more. Request a free demo today!
WellSky is seeking a DevOps Engineer.
Our team of engineers provides operational support to over 400k users in the healthcare industry. The DevOps Engineer will provide automation, development, and support to infrastructure operations in the cloud. They will be actively engaged in projects building new scalable, Infrastructure-As-Code solutions for delivery on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS). Our team enables the scalability of the WellSky business as a whole and delivers resilient, reliable, and highly available solutions to health care providers in the field.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborate across teams to consolidate and simplify DevOps tools and services, and support development and production operations and infrastructure.
- Demonstrating a deep awareness of how changes they make interact with all components in a broader system. This includes technologies for frontend, backend, infrastructure, usability, and design, as well as varying development, testing, and release methodologies within an organization.
- Build and deploy application and infrastructure-as-code.
- Develop Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes to help deliver software of higher quality at greater speed.
- Work closely with our application engineering teams to ensure that we are delivering resilient systems operations to customers.
- Solve problems in ways that drive towards simplicity of architecture and operations
- Prioritizing high-impact work and delivering on that work over non-critical tasks.
- Elaborating and evolving on complex and ambiguous products to uncover new constraints and opportunities.
- Ensuring effective engineering delivery on their program or team.
- Actively contributing code and performing code review on your projects as an engineer.
- Upgrading, migrating, decommissioning servers and applications.
- On-Call Operational Support
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in systems administration, and/or DevOps.
- Experience in cloud platforms with one or more of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in Linux/Windows systems administration.
- Experience with DevOps Tooling (Terraform/Ansible/AWS/Azure or GCP)
- Monitoring (Prometheus/Grafana/Nagios/Splunk/Sumo or New Relic)
Do you stand above the rest?
- Container Orchestration Developer Experience (Github backed SCM/CI/CD, Kubernetes, Rancher, Docker, Azure DevOps pipelines)
- Development/Scripting (one or more of Go, Python, Bash, or Powershell)
- Automating infrastructure, testing, or deployments of a web-based application with tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform or Packer.
- Atlas framework
- Databases: SQL Server, PostgreSQL
H1B Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
WellSky is a leading supplier of software and services solutions that help acute, post-acute, and human service providers improve efficiency, support business growth, and provide intelligent care to patients and people in need. WellSky is headquartered in Overland Park, KS with 1,800 teammates across the U.S. and Canada WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world - including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, in-home care agencies, post-acute care facilities, government agencies, and human services organizations. WellSky's software and services address the continuum of health and social care - helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve touch challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. Informed by 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers' needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care's potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
As of December 8, 2021, as a condition of employment, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Security Architect jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Database Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs