Cloud Security Engineer/Architect
Are you obsessed with combatting security threats? Are you able to analyze, document, and architect alternative security solutions? Can you challenge, prototype and present your findings to Stakeholders? If you have answered yes, then you might be Fivesky’s next Cloud Security Architect.
Who you are:
- 6+ years of application, data or infrastructure security with at least the last 1 year of architecting security solutions.
- 6+ years of hands-on knowledge of securing SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS making recommendations on how to best secure the technology within the cloud environment.
- Current tools, but not limited to, are Java, Python & React.
- Experience assessing if the current security protocols at an enterprise level are fit for purpose.
- Work closely with stakeholders and present a POA/documentation and security solutions
- Can speak to developers and poke holes in their rationale for their design, and develop frameworks and push automation
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
What you’ve done:
- Act as an SME when it involves AppSec, InfoSec or Infrastructure security, designing and architecting solutions for your organization.
- Collaborate with other teams involved in architecture design.
- Identify potential risks of projects, document and address those risks and work with other teams to resolve the issue.
What you will do:
- Be hands-on with application, technology risk management, or infrastructure security assignments.
- Consult with teams (Engineering/Development) advising on cloud security requirements and then document the implementation
- Inspect current security processes and offer recommendations to all levels within the organization up to the C Suite.
- Knowledge of secure network design, entitlement design, database access, authentication methods, logging, input validation, security testing, encryption implementation, secure storage design and data transfer.
It would be awesome if you had some security experience with some of this too:
- K8s and Cloud Foundry
- Dependency / Package management using Spring Boot
- Linux, Java, Python, React, Angular development skills
- Strong Jenkins, Spinnaker, and/or Terraform
- Metasploit, Nessus, Kali, Verodin, etc.
- OAuth2, OpenID, SAML
- Network security technologies
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in Houston TX, or Columbus OH, DC or NYC. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Security Architect jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs