Tools and Performance Automation Engineer (Spain - Remote)
Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve our ambitious goals. And we're a great place to work too -- we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal and Inc. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
What you will do
- As part of the QA team you will maintain and improve existing testing frameworks we use across the company for assuring our product quality.
- We need to improve the way we gather trustable data around how our optimizations are behaving with regards to product performance. You will be gathering requirements, running performance tests, creating framework modules or integrating existing tools around system performance and stability.
- We all know every step we automate requires maintenance; whenever we find some issue while running our checks you will need to research and dig deeper in order to find out the actual reason of the failure and make sure we get rid of that defect.
- At our team, around 37% of the times, a defect our automation finds is due to an issue with our own QA code or automation workflow, so you will have to help us improve that.
What you will bring with you
- There are tons of cloud providers outside there, ie: AWS, GPC, IBM Cloud, Azure, ... You need to be "fluent" with one of them (we work with a bunch of them) so there wouldn't be any issue in creating big clusters and configure them automagically.
- Kubernetes knowledge. Whenever we find an issue we need to research where it came from inside a K8s cluster. Whenever we need to mock a scenario, it will be a K8s one. Scaling a cluster? K8s!
- Have you already used any performance/load tool? Great addition! Do you feel confident with Jenkins or any similar tool? Nice! Terraform (or similar) does not scare you?
- We mainly code in Python and Java, but we also have some nice Bash (and other guest stars) around.
What we look for
- "Trust the team" is an important mantra for us. We grow bigger thus you will need to find balanced solutions with autonomy. Does that sound good to you?
- We do regular pair/mob programming sessions. If you like the approach or you would like to practice it, come and help us improve!
- Communication is key. You will need to gather requirements, give feedback to your teammates and outside the team, also report current status and blockers, propose new ideas, prepare internal workshops/hands-on, ... Communication is key.
- SMART, KISS, DRY, TDD. Incremental changes, kaizen, avoiding knowledge silos. We try, we fail, we improve. If you are aligned in building maintainable pieces of code with reasonable timing you should be a good fit in the team.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career growth
- Open to fully remote
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- A monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses: (employee wellness, house cleaning services, home internet, phone expenses, office supplies, office furniture)
- Company provided Wellness Days
- Private health insurance
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Security Architect jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs