Staff Cloud Engineer
Wayfair.com is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. By using technology and data to create a best-in-class experience for our customers, it gives us a competitive advantage in the global homegoods market!
The Big Data Engineering team designs, scales, and supports our distributed analytic and streaming infrastructure. This team supports a broad range of mission critical workflows across a number of business and engineering domains. We accelerate the growth of our analytics and messaging infrastructure to help migrate our platforms to the cloud. We are looking to bring on a Staff Cloud Engineer who is passionate about troubleshooting that challenging technical problems that come with hyper-growth.
What you'll do:
- Consult with our internal customers on their requirements, document, share updates and solve any production issues
- Analyze requests to determine, recommend, and plan deployment or modification of systems
- Use infrastructure as code (IAC) tools like Terraform to define and provision infrastructure in the public cloud and/or on-prem
- Use configuration tools such as Puppet and Ansible for configuring Big Data and Messaging systems like Hadoop, Kafka, etc
- Work with other engineering teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company
- Plan and operationalize the usage of cloud services (e.g. GCP Dataflow, Cloud Functions)
- Manage cloud environments and ensure compliance with company’s security guidelines
- Educate engineers on the implementation and best practices of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Act as the Tech Lead of the Big Data Engineering Cloud team with responsibility to manage 2-3 high performing engineers
- Migrate on-prem engineering, analytics and data science applications and/or workloads to the cloud
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis for issues in our complex multi-tiered production system
What you'll need:
- Public Cloud: Expert in one or more of the top 3 public cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience with Cloud based Big Data platforms and/or services
- Expert Terraform developer
- Experience with puppet or similar configuration management tools
- Able to code in a high-level language, preferably Python
- Expert Linux administration skills
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience required
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.