Infrastructure Cloud Architect
Posted 4 months ago
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
At Bottomline we believe that the way businesses and banks trade and transact should be much simpler, faster and more secure. Bottomline’s broad portfolio of products provide solutions to help Enterprises and Financial Services organizations differentiate and grow their businesses managing their payables, receivables and money management challenges – on both a domestic and international basis.
To support the next generation of innovation and growth of these solutions, Bottomline is investing in building a central product and innovation platform (PaaS) called Bottomline IQ. The IQ platform will be where all of our future solution innovations will be built upon, and will provide a technology path for our existing product portfolios to evolve. Focused on API and data-centric first approach with a cloud native design, IQ will leverage modern technologies including microservices, container deployments and orchestration, while focusing on automation and CI/CD pipeline delivery for cloud native solutions.
In support of this platform, Bottomline Technologies is seeking an Infrastructure Cloud Architect to join its Cloud Architecture and Engineering team. This position shall be dedicated to collaboration with the BottomlineIQ global product owners and development teams to ensure that core capabilities, global standards, and best practices are adopted by delivery teams. The Infrastructure Cloud Architect works closely with delivery teams to define best practices, performs architectural design and review and deliver resilient, performant, and scalable capabilities for the enterprise to consume.
This position is available at an open location within the US
How you’ll contribute:
- Drive our evolution to a service-based architecture in private and public cloud.
- Creating standard capabilities to be used across global enterprise.
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish technical direction and negotiate technical decision points. Drive technical design and validation ensuring implementation aligns with our technical strategies and strategic business objectives.
- Guide teams in deriving innovative solutions to engineer reliable, scalable, supportable, secure and cost-effective solutions for our customers.
- Ensure ongoing collaboration between engineering, operations and other key stakeholders through the full life cycle of delivery.
- Sustain knowledge of industry trends and effectively adapt and guide our teams to meet the demands to rapidly evolving technologies.
- Identify and direct initiatives to further operational excellence by increasing efficiency and reducing risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Foster a culture that leverages data and metrics to make informed decisions and guide change.
- Available as needed for production impacting incidents or key customer events.
- Training, mentoring, and teaching a range of resources throughout the organization.
What will make you successful:
- Extensive Knowledge of Kubernetes and the ecosystem of tools surrounding the platform.
- Deep Knowledge of CI/CD and delivery best practices.
- Experience with Compliance and Security Disciplines.
- Strong Knowledge of Networking.
- Relevant Experience in hybrid and public clouds with demonstrated strategies for each use case.
- Ability to build strong relationships with architects and senior management.
Technologies we like:
Linux, Containers, Kubernetes, Terraform, Puppet, ELK, Prometheus, Elastic APM, Elastic Search, Kafka, Apache, SpringBoot, Postgresql, Ceph, Vault, Istio, and Console
You’ll love Bottomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.