Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted 4 months ago
Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer, who will join our fantastic highly skilled platform team and will help us manage, develop and extend our robust cloud-based infrastructure. Beat has numerous custom and complex systems running on Kubernetes clusters to provide the best experience for our customers. We are looking for someone who loves Linux, who is intimately familiar with cloud infrastructure, and with a strong understanding of scaling and load management.
The successful candidate will be a team player, capable of collaborating in a fast paced, DevOps oriented environment.
What will you have to do day in day out:
- Contribute into building our internal platform for running our Beat service
- Write automation tools for system and application maintenance
- Help solve business needs with technology by evaluating different technology options and vendor products
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains - will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues
What you need to have:
- 3+ years of experience running production workloads
- 1+ years experience designing and building distributed systems 1+ years of experience with Go, Python or Ruby
- 1+ year experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform
- Experience managing container orchestration systems like Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
What it's nice to have:
- Experience on AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Experience in monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, New Relic
- Experience in database systems like MySQL, MongoDB and Elasticsearch
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Experience in testing your Infrastructure as Code
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
Behavioural & Leadership Competencies:
- Ability to work independently and with little direct supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Superior problem-solving skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working hours
- High tech equipment and top line tools
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy, mentoring and creates incredible opportunities both for you and the company
Please note that you will be working as contractor.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.