San Francisco, CA
Cruise LLCWe’re Cruise, a self-driving car service designed for the cities we love.
We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Reliability Engineer who has experience in product validation testing of electronic components and systems. We are part of the wider hardware integrity team, we’re responsible for building novel reliability validation plans for all of Cruise’s AV components. We believe in full ownership from identifying reliability testing needs, defining tests, developing test methods, and reporting improvements.
You’ll collaborate with internal technicians and external partners to execute tests. You will also partner with hardware, software development, test, and manufacturing engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure accurate validation and reliability test coverage for Cruise AV components. The result of your work enables capturing design weakness in the development phase
- Build test methods, fixtures and benches to verify and validate our components designs against reliability requirements, in both development and production environments
- Collect fleet data in order to define and improve life time stresses (Don’t over stress, stress right!)
- Collaborate to build reliability into designs, Partner with manufacturing, test and quality engineers during line and test bringup (reliability starts at the line)
- Analyze testing data and collaborate with multi-functional teams on failure root cause and design countermeasures
- Improve design review and xFMEA meetings to ensure processes are incorporated
What you must have:
- BS in Mechanical engineering or related experience
- Experience in validation / reliability test development of consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace or related industries
- Reliability tests, such as shock, vibration, thermal, humidity, corrosion and ingress protection
- Accelerated test method and modeling (HALT/HAST)
- Familiarity with common lab testing equipment such as shaker tables, thermal and environmental chambers, data acquisition systems, accelerometers, thermocouples, pressure transducers and flow meters
- Scripting / programming experience in R/Matlab/Python or similar for data analysis
- Experience with L4 autonomous vehicle sensor or compute development
- Experience in test development for both low and medium-high volume products
- Experience with thermal and structural FEA analysis in SolidWorks, ANSYS or similar
- Experience with design for reliability (DFR)
- Experience with reliability/statistical tools (Reliasoft, JPM)
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Database Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs