Project Engineer - Deployments
Billerica, Massachusetts, United States
Alert Innovation is a growing start-up with a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. We’ve partnered with world’s largest retailer to develop our Alphabot® technology, which will enable a new form of retail store. To succeed, we need to grow our team. We seek to hire exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful and collaborative, and strive for excellence in a team-oriented culture. Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including an equity stake in our growing company.
We’re hiring a Project Engineer to develop and support the infrastructure for multiple installations of our automated fulfillment systems occurring across the United States. As Project Engineer, you’ll be responsible for schedule management, commercial oversight, technical support, logistics support, and sub-contractor management.
This position requires a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who cares deeply about their own and their team’s success, and has strong technical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. Due to the dynamic nature of the work, the right candidate will possess the ability to adapt easily to change, maintain focus on the objective, operate with minimal supervision, and thrive under challenging deadlines. The position will require limited travel throughout the United States.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Oversee site project schedule alignment with key milestones
- Oversee labor tracking in concert with labor planning to project labor cost overages
- Manage site progress tracking systems with 3PIs and site leads
- Engage with non-3PI sub-contractors to gain alignment on project deliverables
- Create information access for all pertinent installation information
- Drive internal escalations to field reported issues via 8D methodology
- Manage installation and training documentation quality
- Manage Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Resolves Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Participate in contract negotiations
- Review and incorporate all change orders
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years’ experience in a comparable role, preferably commercial or industrial construction project management
- Experience with project schedule development and integration
- Ability to be hands-on in solving a diverse set of problems in a timely manner with minimal support
- Ability to react to changing conditions and work toward deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team to achieve project goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate at all levels (with internal and external customers, engineers, technicians & tradespersons) in written, verbal & presentation formats
- General mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Project
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time domestically throughout the U.S.
- B.S. in Engineering or Business
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team creates “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for each job family and level within the Boston-area market in which we are based. Every employee is granted stock options that vest over four years. Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package starting on their first date of employment:
- No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need keeping in mind the demands of your team’s workload.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K + company match.
- Tuition & work-related training reimbursement programs.
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health, parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal, and financial consultation needs.
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits and is not meant to be a comprehensive explanation. To learn more, please visit https://www.alertinnovation.com/careers.
Alert Innovation offers a safe work environment for its employees and partners. All employees, contractors, interns, and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated. Additional COVID precautions, such as wearing face masks, hand washing, and hand sanitizing are also common practices in all Alert Innovation facilities. We are a flexible work environment and offer on-site and hybrid work schedules based on team requirements.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs