Cloud DevOps Engineer (Connect Team)
Cloud DevOps Engineer
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our core network connectivity team.
The team is responsible for defining the foundation of Wise’s internal networking in AWS. This includes enabling teams to provision VPCs, connectivity and network policies in a scalable yet unified way, and facilitating communication between various workloads on EC2 or Kubernetes.
As a part of the team of engineers who design and build out the platform according to both strategic goals and operational needs, we run the networking stack spanning from AWS fundamentals to Kubernetes service mesh. We need to strike the right level of abstraction for new features, while keeping existing users and possible migration paths in mind.
We operate on a strong belief in automation, programmatic implementation, and reusable design. We’re looking for people who can step back and think holistically about the ecosystem, but also follow through and help implement the design; drawing on the resources across the rest of the platform tribe.
As we grow, the demand for creating and connecting new environments grows as well, and use-cases get more complex. We need to sustain this growth by continuously refining our service offering, with a laser focus on availability and security. We’re looking for someone who can analyse complex requirements and deliver clean solutions to help our teams achieve our mission with speed and confidence.
- Cloud architecture and managing distributed systems (AWS preferred)
- Understanding of standard networking components and protocols
- Kubernetes service-to-service communications experience
- Infrastructure-as-code (preferably Terraform)
- Proficiency in Golang, Java or Python
- Troubleshooting system or networking issues, high-level and on the Linux command line
- Strong communicator, written and verbal
- Works efficiently in a team to bring projects to completion
- Driven to automate manual operations
- Thinks about risks, security and reliability
- Open to both mentoring others as well as learning from them
- Looks for opportunity to add impact and challenge the norm
And for a sneak peek into the Wise world of (Platform) Engineering check out our Tech Blog: https://medium.com/transferwise-engineering/tagged/platform.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
A bit about Wise...
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At Wise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work...
At Wise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs