Advanced Platform Engineer
United States (Remote)
Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 200,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education and NGO, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our engineering team. That’s where you come in.
We’ve got depth and breadth across the technologies we use to run the Pantheon platform at scale. You’ll have many opportunities to pick up and apply new skills and gain professional experience with some of our existing use of Cassandra, MySQL, Redis, React, Node.js, Python, Go, C, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, Chef, Terraform, CircleCI, Vault, and more.
Pantheon is looking for an experienced Platform Engineer to join our team, either remote or onsite at our SF office (on US hours.) We’re expanding an impressive and growing platform that powers hundreds of thousands of websites, millions of containerized resources, billions of monthly page views, and development tools that professional website developers use.
Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. Within Pantheon engineering, we value collaboration, character, autonomy, and a no-blame culture. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Cool Things You'll Do
- Work on advanced global-scale implementations of WordPress and Drupal CMS systems using the latest in Google Cloud platform offerings.
- You will be part of Pantheon’s Advanced Engineering Team that will collaborate with various engineering and product teams and support initiatives to build our platform
- Rapid prototyping and proof of concept implementations of product and platform roadmap
- Working with other platform teams in enabling key platform components that require your expertise
- Collaborate with product and customer teams to define and build future platform architecture and demo early iterations for feedback
- Enable beta testers and early adopters on new products and features and resolve any any gaps or pain points
- Document, support and transition early iterations of product features to product and engineering teams
- Measure product and feature performance metrics and suggest improvements.
- Close collaboration with the wider engineering team to deliver platform improvements
- Continuous improvements to our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, deploying and communication
What you Bring to the Table
- You enjoy and have experience with large-scale, high-traffic platforms and the design of scalable, robust services in the real world
- You can contribute to technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions.
- Experience in any four of the following - CDNs and concepts like shielding, HTTP, QUIC, Log streaming, Monitoring, MQ, Observability, Service mesh, shell script, VCL
- Knowledge of any two of the following - Cloud security, firewalls, DDoS and WAF, and TLS, API Gateways (Kong etc.), service mesh
- Knowledge of Networking concepts like BGP, DNS, IPv4/IPv6, Peering, CNAME records, Zone files, and tools like Traceroute, Dig
- Experience in debugging with tools such as DTrace, GDB or similar
- Experience or certification in any one of the following - Serverless or Cloud architecture on platforms such as Google Compute Platform or similar, containerization software such as Kubernetes, Terraform
- Experience or certification in any one of SQL/NoSQL Cloud storage, GraphQL, BigQuery, CloudSQL
- You are a clear communicator, able to represent your contributions and ideas with clarity while remaining open and giving space to the contributions and ideas of others.
- Take pride in what you can do as part of a team
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your work-outs and a whole suite of paid apps for mental as well as physical health and wellbeing
- Events and activities both team-based and company-wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs