General Manager - Corporate Infrastructure and Project Services
Auckland CBD, Auckland, New Zealand
At Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
This is a fantastic leadership role! The General Manager – Corporate Infrastructure and Project Services role is required to ensure all Datacom teams and business facing groups have the services and infrastructure to necessary for our business functions.
As part of the Group Technology leadership team, this role manages and ensures the ongoing operations of services and business as usual function as well as ensuring we have the best practice support methodology in place and that our Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) are achieved. The General Manager - Corporate Infrastructure and Project Services will also manage the implementation and continual improvement of corporate platforms across Datacom.
The responsibilities are wide and varied and can be grouped into four main areas:
Leadership and business management: Create an “automation first” culture, ensuring the ongoing automation of technologies and the development of future thinking strategies. Work with the Group Technology Strategy Lead to develop roadmaps for corporate services that aligns with Datacom Group strategy while meeting current and future requirements
Relationship Management: Review internal stakeholder feedback and engage directly to understand how we are operating from the ground level up. Build and maintain a strong, constructive working relationship with staff, focussed on achieving business goals and enabling staff to work safely to their full potential. You will also manage the relationships with (and between) external agencies and suppliers, ensuring contracts and service levels are negotiated in line with strategic aims and financial constraints and that ongoing service is in-line with agreed contracts.
Delivery: Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement to build a culture of service excellence and demonstrates new ways of working. Manage the day-to-day operations of Datacom corporate platforms and services, ensuring that planning, end-user impact, change management, delivery of corporate initiatives, training and quality management are properly addressed and monitored to ensure that availability, service levels, deadlines and budgets are met and results delivered.
Business Operations: Establish and maintain operational excellence in the following technologies / areas including Windows/Mac OS, IOS/Android, Exchange, VMWare, Hyper V, Remote Access, Active Directory, storage solutions and security posture and hardening.
We are looking for a passionate person to be one of our leaders in the Group Technology team working across New Zealand and Australia. This role is for someone who is motivated and loves achieving results, loves problem solving and
has a team focus. A fundamental part of this role is being able to engage with existing customers and driving operational excellence for all of our customers.
You will have experience delivering a wide range of operational services, service improvement plans, commercial management and compliance audits. You will have strong leadership skills and be passionate about our people.
A strong understanding of the below will be a huge benefit.
- All-rounder on Microsoft products and services
- Good understanding of today’s technologies
- Previously worked in an operational role
You will be able to think outside the box and challenge the norm - always looking for how we evolve our services, so they are business and market relevant.
If you want to join a business area making a difference, or you would like to talk more about this fantastic opportunity, please apply now.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs