Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouse that we design in-house, our employees need to be specialists in a wide range of technologies to help drive our business.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What does the Cloud Platform team do?
You will be part of the Control Systems department within the Automation and Control stream in Ocado Technology. We are responsible for building automation software that powers our next-generation robotic picking and storage solutions. This system is a core component of our Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) which are offered as part of the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP). OSP is being marketed to retailers globally as a world-class platform for grocery eCommerce.
The mission of the team is to deliver an ever more reliable and scalable on-premise ecosystem for low-latency services, automation and edge devices that is fully adapted to the complete gamut of CFC sizes and geographies (UK included), while ensuring smooth transition to OCEngO cloud platform and providing uninterrupted service for existing sites
What will you be doing...
- You will be supporting our Control Systems teams by automating processes and developing various tooling, with the aim of increasing the teams’ productivity.
- You will be working with our amazing technology teams, using your expertise and problem solving skills to help them be even more productive.
- Your role will be focused on improving our CI/CD practices, automating release processes, contributing to testing pipelines, enhancing monitoring & alerting and developing other tooling.
- You’ll be taking an active role in technical decision making and collaborating with other DevOps colleagues, development teams and other stakeholders to find great solutions.
- We are looking for a candidate who has demonstrable experience as a DevOps engineer working on automation and testing.
- This role will be to support the teams with the software development lifecycle, so ideally you would have a background in software development with some infrastructure knowledge.
- Our goal is to achieve a CD release process, with fully automated pipelines seamlessly delivering changes to production.
- You’ll be improving our existing pipelines and tooling to enable unattended deployments while minimising the risk to operation in production.
You'll enjoy being part of the team if you like:
- Learning fast (through experimentation, self-motivation etc.)
- Being autonomous but able to collaborate (sharing knowledge is important to us)
- Craftsmanship and innovation (we never stop questioning how we can be better)
We’d like to talk to you if you have:
- Demonstrable experience as a DevOps engineer working on tasks automation and automated testing.
- Experience of public cloud technologies (AWS preferred).
- Demonstrable software development and/or scripting abilities.
- Knowledge of build and deployment mechanisms and continuous delivery methods.
- Keen advocate of measuring performance and trends (i.e. Golden Signals) and using these to drive continuous improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of application architectures.
- Application development; Python or Java preferred, but not essential.
- Configuration management tools.
- Internet technologies (DNS, TCP, load balancing, etc).
- Appreciation of security, reliability, scalability and availability requirements.
What we offer you...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.#LI-DT1
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs