Staff Engineer, Kubernetes
Staff Engineer, Kubernetes
At Wayfair, we are looking to strengthen and grow our infrastructure team by bringing on board talented platform engineers. We are a small focused team tasked with modernizing Wayfair’s infrastructure with the goal of improving developer velocity and scalability. Wayfair is the 3rd largest GCP customer and as we continue to move our systems to GCP, you’ll have an opportunity to diagnose and solve complex problems as Wayfair doubles in size.
Specifically, we are looking for engineers who can help us drive adopting containers and Kubernetes (on-prem and cloud). While you will be working on containers and Kubernetes, extensive experience is not needed as long as you are a fast learner and can demonstrate strong fundamentals in one of software engineering, site reliability, or infrastructure.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, design and implement robust and scalable APIs and infrastructure automation.
- Contribute to design and implementation of CI/CD on top of Kubernetes / cloud platforms.
- Improve and maintain the software and infrastructure that your team develops and operates.
- Provide guidance and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to streamline and improve adoption of Kubernetes and Cloud within Wayfair.
What is in our scope:
- The cluster infrastructure
- Cluster design and provisioning
- Interactions with the infrastructure via the API
- Supporting the Wayfair Kubernetes community
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience of server-side software engineering experience (Java or Go or Perl or Python etc) and/or
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure roles with strong fundamentals in Linux.
- 5+ years of experience operating with TCP/IP, load-balancing, security and operating production environments.
- Involvement in some on-premise to cloud migration, or some container adoption strategy.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs