Infrastructure Consultant - Professional Services
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Infrastructure Consultant to join our high-performance Professional Services team.
This position is a customer facing consulting role that requires exceptional collaborative skills and the ability to build strong partnerships with our customers and within Datacom.
The successful candidate will ideally have previous Professional Services experience dealing with external customers and exposure to all aspects of delivering projects, including consulting, design, configuration, testing and deployment.
You’ll work in complex customer environments, operating across multiple projects simultaneously as well as contributing to presales and conducting technical project reviews. Commitment to customer satisfaction and unwavering customer focus are all part and parcel of this role
What you'll do
- The Professional Services Consultant is a key, cross-disciplinary role that works closely with our Customers, Partners, our Sales and Technical teams
- Ensure assigned projects are delivered on time, within budget, to agreed scope, encompassing high level solution architecture, detailed design, implementation and documentation
- Serve as the technical point of contact for implementation services and solutions. This may either be provided remotely or on-site
- Providing pre-sales support and expertise to the sales team.
What you'll bring
- To be successful in this role you must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with enterprise customers in delivering projects in professional services environments
- Experience with design, implementation and optimization of
- Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange.
- HCI platforms (Microsoft Azure, Dell & Nutanix).
- Backup (Commvault, Veeam).
- Virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V, AHV).
- Practical experience with Automation and Scripting (PowerShell, Python).
- Storage (NetApp, Lenovo & Dell)
- You will have a curiosity & passion for customers and a proven ability to communicate solutions in a way that resonates with all levels of our customer’s. You must be comfortable in engaging both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders
- You are proactive and passionate about your work
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- You can work both independently on competing priorities and as part of a team
- You'll have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To be successful in this role you must be an Australian Citizen, possess or consent to undergoing a AGSVA Baseline Security Clearance or higher.
Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability. This role offers you an exciting opportunity to join a diverse team within a highly successful organisation.
Due to rapid growth within our project portfolio we are currently only considering applications for candidates with previous experience in consulting and/or project delivery for external customers. If you are ready for a change and wish to be a part of a fast paced and dynamic team where you can make a difference, then we would love to hear from you.
We have over 6,500 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.3 billion, this makes us one of Australasia's largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs