Site Reliability Engineer - Contractor
Posted 4 months ago
Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
Vonage API is growing fast and is always working on new products. That means we continuously need to improve the collaboration between developers and operations. This is where our SRE teams come in, providing the tools and automation for the smoothest pipeline from the developer laptop to the production servers, helping the QA team provide fast and accurate results, exploring new technologies to improve reliability and efficiency of our services.
We are looking a contract SRE Engineer to come and support some key projects including an AWS migration.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Own the shared and infrastructure services that the company relies on to deliver our production environment
- Investigate and troubleshoot, hard and complex problems
- Proactivily make propositions for improvements in the software stack, and follow them up to completion
- Write and review code and configuration
- Improve the visibility and monitoring of the production environment
- Propose, evaluate and integrate new tools
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Partner with the development teams, to help them improve the scalability and reliability the services they own
What you will bring
- You have a strong background in Linux and administration
- Good scripting skills (python, bash, groovy, ruby)
- Experience with configuration management (puppet, ansible) and source code management (GIT)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code frameworks, such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with foundational infrastructure services, such as DNS and LDAP
- Experience with container-based software toolchains, including Nomad, k8s, Consul
- Knowledge of monitoring, graphing and logging tools (Icinga, Grafana, Prometheus, Kibana, filebeat, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with databases (MySQL, CouchBase, Redshift, DynamoDB, MongoDB, …)
- Understanding of developer’s tools and languages (gradle, java, jenkins, Go)
- Experience with cloud (AWS, Rackspace, Softlayer, GCE)
- Ability and willingness to work in a global, fast-paced environment
- Flexible with the ability to adapt working style to meet objectives
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members