Development Operations (DevOps) Manager
We are an award-winning healthcare technology company deploying a suite of intuitive patient engagement solutions that empowers healthcare organizations to create memorable patient experiences by fostering connections along the healthcare journey to ensure the best possible outcomes for providers, staff, patients, and their loved ones.
Our team is incredible - and mission driven. Besides our fun team activities, company massage therapist, and a cornucopia of healthy snacks - the work ethic, commitment to core values, and firm knowledge that we are helping people every day are really what make it a best place to work!
How can you join the movement?
We are looking for an experienced Development Operations (DevOps) Manager to guide our infrastructure management and deployment pipelines. As a member of our technology leadership team, you will partner with other technical leaders and engineers to define, implement, and drive best practices in DevOps technologies and philosophies.
Your team will build and operate the infrastructure supporting large-scale, on-premise and cloud systems to ensure security, high availability, and scalability within our platform. Additionally, you will promote infrastructure-as-code and build a strong reliability culture. You will partner with software engineering, security, and architecture to solve operational problems and balance short-term and long-term needs. And you will coach your team to be effective problem solvers in transitioning static, on-premise assets to cloud-first, auto-scaling solutions. Your efforts will ensure that CipherHealth’s platform remains functional and available for the healthcare workers and hospitals providing necessary care around the country.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain cloud and on-premise infrastructure for our next-generation application platform
- In coordination with the engineering and data teams, implement a maintainable, well-tested automation scripting process for all infrastructure assets, both cloud and on-premise
- Enforce infrastructure as code (IaC) best practices
- Support IT Security best practices through documentation and configuration
- Support QA through test-optimized environment management and integrated CICD tooling
- Maintain proper telemetry on all critical business processes and infrastructure
- 6+ years experience in devops engineering, related CI/CD/CM platforms and tools, and Linux administration
- 2+ years in management/lead function
- Passion for helping people: our developers, our team, and the customers we serve
- Position requires full time work from our NYC HQ
- Experience in systems automation, virtualization, orchestration, continuous integration, deployment, and implementation. Preferably, familiarity with Gitlab, MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, AWS, GCP, Capistrano, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Vault, Terraform, and Docker or similar tools
- Experience with basic Systems/Software Security Principles
- Familiarity with Integration Design Patterns and Service-Oriented Architecture.
- Able to articulate technical issues to a non-technical audience, refine business and technical requirements, update technical design specification documentation and diagrams
- Experience managing with Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies.
- Ability to conduct code/architecture reviews and provide feedback to the engineers and Architects
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US
Nice to haves
- Experience in a highly-regulated computing environment: healthcare, finance, education