DevOps Engineer (Google Cloud)
Remote - Spain
Hi, we're UserZoom - nice to meet you! If you’ve never heard of us before, we help companies get the user experience (UX) insights they need to deliver great digital experiences at scale through our all-in-one software platform (both web and mobile) and professional services teams.
We believe that every company will soon be a digital experience company, and we want to help make those digital experiences better. We do this by providing UX insights to some of the biggest brands in the world so they, in turn, can improve the experience they give their customers.
Check out more info here: www.userzoom.com
As part of the Engineering Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to building on our SaaS platform. Working alongside our global team (our UZ family can be found in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland) you will be responsible for creating something truly amazing - the UX industry is an exciting place to be right now. As UserZoom grows, so does our focus on your career and personal development. And more importantly, the team here at UserZoom is like a family - we're both supportive and welcoming of new team members, with plenty of social events (if you like to get involved).
This is what you'll be doing . . .
- Building and deploying cloud-native applications: continuous delivery, containerization, and observable systems.
- Advocating for SRE, Platform Engineering & DevOps/GitOps best practices in a Cloud Microservices architecture.
- Analyzing and designing reliable & scalable Engineering solutions, in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Curating the Production environment by monitoring availability, taking a holistic view of system health.
- Scaling systems through automation, improving velocity and reliability.
- Driving incident management process and supporting a blameless postmortems culture.
- Being part of the Development team and working in close collaboration with the Operations team to improve services via rigorous testing and release procedures.
- Troubleshooting, evaluating, and resolving operational challenges and bottlenecks. Contributing to the definition of SLO's and runbooks.
- Managing availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
- Creating sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
A few things we require for this position
- Strong sense of ownership and integrity demonstrated through clear communication.
- Working experience with distributed systems, including Microservices, Serverless, and Event-Driven architectures.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Envoy, Istio, Ambassador/Emissary, and/or Kafka.
- Understanding of full-stack Observability, Instrumentation, telemetry, and resilience patterns.
- Expertise with cloud continuous delivery. Understanding of GitOps paradigm and CI/CD tooling (GitHub Actions, Jenkins, ArgoCD).
- Technical knowledge of Cloud IaC tools (Terraform/Terragrunt, Helm)
- Solid understanding of the Linux Operating System, including Kernel, Memory, Process, Threads, Static / Shared Libraries, IPC, Signals.
- Understanding of networking and protocols such as HTTP, HTTP2, DNS, ECMP, TCP/IP, ICMP, the OSI Model, and Load Balancing strategies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of OODBMS, in particular MongoDB.
- Familiarity with the Google Cloud or AWS Stack.
- Proficient with programming languages: Python, bash, Node JS is a valuable bonus.
- Passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using automation.
- Fluent English.
- Career path
- Birthday as an additional holiday
- Spanish/ English lessons
- Referral program
- Flexible retribution
- (Zoom) Team building activities
- Flexible working hours
- Private Health insurance (AXA)
- Training & development program
- International working environment
We seek insight from all people
At UserZoom, we're all about recognising the insights that different people bring to our company - it's what makes us so successful. We know the value and innovation a diverse group of people can create and that's why building a diverse team is a priority for us, regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective.
We're on a continuous journey to improve how we recognise & evaluate each person's skills and how each individual can enhance our culture & values. We are committed to being consistent in how we shortlist, assess, hire, onboard, reward and promote based on merit.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs