GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From Bucharest to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
As a DevOps Engineer at GoPro, you will work broadly across the software development lifecycle. We work alongside cloud platform dev teams to design, build, deploy, and monitor systems supporting all GoPro connected devices and customer-facing cloud services like our award-winning mobile apps. We work full-stack, deploying on AWS using Kubernetes, Nginx, Puppet, Terraform, and Datadog.
- Collaborate with development teams working on mobile apps, web software, and eCommerce systems
- Write and maintain infrastructure-as-code on AWS (we use Terraform, Helm, and Puppet)
- Configure, secure, and optimize deployments of EC2, EKS, RDS, VPC, S3, Cloudfront, API Gateway, ELB, Lambda, and more.
- Proactively monitor performance and stability of our cloud platform serving a global GoPro consumer base
- Automate Kubernetes deployment workflows and operations tasks using Helm, CircleCI, and ArgoCD
- Participate in an on-call rotation shared with our European colleagues
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure the security of our platform
- 5+ years working with AWS to serve live, customer-facing applications
- Significant experience with a configuration management tool such as Chef or Puppet
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and a collaborative approach. This is a team-player role.
- Solid Linux system administration, troubleshooting and performance analysis skills
- Work on-site in our beautiful San Mateo, CA headquarters 2 days/week and remote 3 days/week.
Skills We’re Stoked About
- Experience managing highly-available, customer-facing environments on AWS or another cloud PaaS
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of containerized microservice deployments (Kubernetes is a plus)
- Linux containers and/or serverless application models
- Experience with operations – incident triage, response, and analysis
- Python skills (or another high-level language)
- We love generalists. You should have hands-on skills with at least 50% (75% for Senior level) of the following: Apache, Nginx, Memcached, Redis, ElasticSearch, CDNs, Hadoop, Docker, AWS Lambda, Vagrant, Network Analysis Tools, Linux, NFS, Glusterfs, AWS APIs and CLI Tools, EC2 Autoscaling, Ruby, Python, Bash, Jenkins, Haproxy, Git, SVN, DNS, HTTP Headers, HTTP Caching, SSL, RESTFUL APIs, MySQL, PostgreSQL, RDS, Nagios, Graphite, Cassandra, MongoDB, Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Saltstack
- Professional software development experience is a plus
- Fully-stocked kitchen with snacks galore
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discretionary Time Off
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave for new parents
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Employee commuter shuttles
- LiveHealthy gym reimbursement
- Innovative wellness programs and on-site fitness classes
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.