Principal, Site Reliability Engineer - Flex, SRE Observability
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a hardworking and experienced Principal Site Reliability Engineering with the role of technical lead to join the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team for Flex - the first fully programmable cloud contact center. You would drive and lead the technical decisions and develop and empower your team to build solutions to complex problems at the heart of Twilio’s business.
Twilio is looking for a seasoned engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has an excellent track record of creating and operating highly scalable, stable and secure RESTful services. Following are some of the basic necessities of a candidate to be successful in this position:
- 7+ years of Engineering experience, developing and maintaining high traffic services and relevant experience on SRE.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of software development and standard methodologies, for RESTful service implementation.
- Technical leader and a mentor to junior members of the team.
- Expert level coding skills with Java.
- Proven track record in building monitoring and observability on highly used production services.
- Experience with distributed systems and hands-on with at least a few of the Big data technologies such as HBase, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, DynamoDB etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
A great day would look like designing and developing elegant and highly scalable solutions for the creation of the world’s premier programmable call center application. You will also live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: You will work within a team to provide solutions to manage ever growing data. Implement the solutions using your deep Java/Scala understanding and experience.
- BE BOLD: Put into practice, fundamentals of distributed systems, to design new systems and keep the existing systems based on Kafka/S3/MySQL humming.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead and mentor your junior teammates.
- DON’T SETTLE: Drive quality by writing unit tests, functional tests, and performance tests in a continuous delivery environment.
- BE AN OWNER: Support production operations, building, releasing and assisting with team on-call. Teams will be small and empowered so that you can move fast and ship to production multiple times in a 2 week sprint.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our Madrid office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs