GCP Cloud Engineer
United Kingdom - Greater London
Support customers utilizing CGP and all associated services. Work with customers and other teams to troubleshoot customer environments to increase user satisfaction. Handles customer escalations from lower level Cloud Engineers and support, providing guidance and recommendations to increase efficiency and reduce customer incidents. Develop tooling and processes to drive and improve customer experience, create playbooks, and provide mentoring on customer related issues to lower level Cloud Engineers and support.
- Experience automating and orchestrating workloads on GCP or other Public Clouds.
- Automation experience with at least one configuration management system such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, or other such tools.
- Experience working at least one of the following languages: Python, Go. Proficient with git and git workflows.
- Proficient in leveraging CI and CD tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Spinnaker) to automate testing and deployment.
- Experience working in an Agile, fast paced, DevOps environment. Knowledge (preferably experience) in building distributed, highly available applications or systems architectures.
- Strong Linux skills.
- Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of common web servers such as: Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd.
- Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of MySQL/MariaDB.
- Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of Varnish, Squid, Memcached, Redis and other similar technologies.
- Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of Hadoop, Hive, Spark and other parts of the Hadoop Ecosystem.
- A working understanding of Load balancers and Load balancing methodology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences.
- Working knowledge of Backup and Recovery methodology and implementations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field desired (or equivalent work experience) and 3-4 years experience.
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect within 90 days of starting role.
- Nice to haves: Proficiency in Python or Go.
- Experience working in a containerized environment (Docker/LXC) with Kubernetes exposure.
- One or more of the following certifications: Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect or Google Certified Professional Data Engineer prior to moving into role.
- Relevant technical certifications in Google Compute Platform, RedHat, MySQL, and other related technologies.
- Experience of working with Service Oriented or Microservices Architectures
About Rackspace TechnologyWe are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future. More on Rackspace TechnologyThough we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Job region(s): Europe
Job stats: 3 1 0
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs