Staff Software Automation Engineer
Long Beach, California
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Relativity seeks a highly talented Software Automation Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This role falls under the Turbomachinery & Components organization. We are responsible for designing, manufacturing, and testing turbopumps, valves, and dynamic components for the Aeon-1 and Aeon-R engines. This position will provide outstanding technical contribution to the development of the Terran 1 and Terran R launch vehicles, as well as helping to build a world-class team.
What you’ll do:
Our mission is to change people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As Senior/Staff Software Automation Engineer, you will provide outstanding technical contribution and leadership to the organization as it builds its capabilities in testing of propulsion components. You will mentor and guide engineers, and help drive software projects to key decision points. You will collaborate closely with GSE engineers, manufacturing engineers and other stakeholders to design integrated systems optimized for maximum throughput.
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead projects in new application development. You must have the passion, tenacity and resolve to work through challenging issues unique to software development. Ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast paced, aerospace environment, having completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively with multidisciplinary groups. More specifically, we are looking for:
- Someone with a successful track record developing new applications for automated testing of propulsion components.
- Someone with demonstrated success collaborating with other software engineers, build engineers, and manufacturing engineers on integrated testing projects.
- Someone with experience building strong teams and leading projects, directly and cross-functionally.
What you need to know:
In order to be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- Degree in engineering or related technical field and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Software application development experience to support tasks such as code testing, scripting, application deployment, data processing, and hardware control.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming (OOP) languages.
- Experience operating in software configuration management platforms, such as GIT.
- Experience creating graphical user interfaces.
- Experience creating automation applications that supports operators in the loop.
- Experience leading integrated teams, directly and cross-functionally.
Nice to haves but not required:
- Degree in engineering or related technical field and 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Python application development experience.
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment.
- Experience working in a flight development program.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs