Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
What is Appian? Appian is a low-code application platform that lets businesses rapidly build powerful cloud and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code. Appian provides full stack automation, uniting humans, bots, and AI workflows. Appian's philosophy of "Data Anywhere" gives our customers the flexibility to integrate data from multiple systems into a single user interface without requiring data migration. All of these differentiators rely on the power provided by the underlying software components that this position will guide and shape from a requirements perspective.
What you’ll do
- You understand what it takes to take code and turn it into a tool that users can rely on and work with in different scenarios ranging from our SaaS cloud solution to on-premise deployments.
- You will continue to grow our automated processes around testing and deploying code while working on our cloud services to be ready to scale to larger volumes of data.
- Given control over our infrastructure, you stay ahead of failure by devising and monitoring services that have built-in fault tolerance. You find the best tools to setup scripts and maintenance tasks in our Dockerized environment.
- Strong communication is key in this role where, for instance, you help our development team to drive the design early on or support data engineers and customers.
- Being concerned about network security and data protection comes natural to you and you strive to push for better solutions and are not afraid to criticise and rethink existing approaches.
- As a DevOps engineer, you make sure that customer data is stored and accessed according to best practices on-premises and in the cloud.
- You mentor junior DevOps Engineers.
- You're on a senior level with at least 6 years of professional experience in DevOps
- You have experience with docker and container orchestration, i.e. Docker-Compose, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm
- You have experience with scripting in UNIX environments, i.e. Bash, Python
- You bring profound knowledge of linux system administration and Linux Tooling
- You have Cloud Deployment experience (GCP, AWS, Azure, ...)
- You're skilled in Network & Infrastructure Security
- You have experience with continuous integration
- Ideally you have worked in a fast-paced environment / start-up before
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs