Linux Systems Operations Administrator I
United States - San Antonio
Serves as a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and provides technical support to our customers over the phone, chat and/or via support tickets. Owns customer issues through resolution with an emphasis on meeting strict SLA requirements. Applies creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems, while at the same time keeping the customer aware of every step along the way via the ticketing system. Maintains, troubleshoots, and supports a varied set of customer solutions utilizing technologies across the Rackspace product portfolio. The Administrator creates and fosters customer loyalty by exemplifying the Fanatical Experience and embodying Rackspace’s Core Values. Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed.
- Other Incidental tasks related to the job, as necessary.
- Resolve or escalate level-appropriate technical issues for customers in accordance with team playbook guidelines via phone and ticketing.
- Secure, administer, and improve customer technical issues which can include OS level, webserver, database server, applications server, DNS, SMTP, user management and permissions, or other software issues.
- Troubleshoot monitoring alerts and create tickets accordingly.
- Escalate support requests according to escalation procedures.
- Second rollover point for inbound customer calls.
- Perform incident management identification, assist in managing and escalation.
- Ensure adherence to customer & SLA commitments.
- Monitor ticket response times and take appropriate actions to ensure team response time targets are met.
- Collaborate with Account Managers and Business Development Consultants to build strong customer relationships.
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other administrators on the support floor.
- Provide Fanatical Experience to customers in all the above.
- Basic OS troubleshooting knowledge with OS specialism in Linux.
- Ability to provide increased level of investigation into CPU usage, memory, disk usage using appropriate OS specific tools or commands.
- Basic understanding of OS specific webhosts and database technologies, MYSQL/ PACHE.
- Basic understanding of SSL & DNS.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory for Windows specialization.
- Prefer basic understanding of patching - documents changes based on requests for change.
- Prefer basic ability to apply change control procedures.
- Prefer familiarity with basic cross platform troubleshooting tasks.
- Prefer awareness of virtualization and/or cloud technologies e.g. VMWARE, Hyper-V, KVM and/or OpenStack.
- Requires basic technical skills in analytical/scientific methods or operational processes to perform routine and straightforward activities.
- Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with others.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and improve both technical and ‘people’ skills.
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicates basic technical information with team members.
- Strives for performance improvements in oneself and peers.
- Leads by example and motivates team members.
- Organizational skills with the ability to provide quality at pace.
- Ability to work at a team level as well as an individual level.
- Ability to interact confidently with more senior and/or skilled areas of the business.
- Able to communicate constructive feedback effectively.
- Ability to adapt to changing business and technology requirements.
- Required; Regional equivalent to High School Diploma, Technical education, or job acquired knowledge related to the duties of the role.
- Preferred; Higher education classes related to technology.
- Requires LPIC-1 or RHCSA for Linux specialization.
- Required; 1-2 years of technical customer support experience OR education/certification to a level of proficiency to perform the role duties.
- Technical customer support experience in a client-centric ticket queue environment.
Job perks/benefits: Team events
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 7 2 0
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs