London, London, City Of, UK
We are a part of IBMs global Chief Information Office responsible for building applications and solving problems for IBM's 210,000 Business Partners and the IBMers who support them. Our vision is to become a world class delivery organisation and deliver business value at speed. To support this vision, we recently moved into a new purpose built facility designed to encourage collaboration and creativity, housed within the world’s largest WeWork site next to London Waterloo.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be working on an internal IBM tool for business management needs. The tool supports data collection, report building, presenting dashboard visualizations and meaningful insights on Business Partners.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design, build and maintain infrastructures in cloud that are highly available, fault-tolerant, performant, and secure.
- Continuously improve data platforms and code pipelines.
- Work collaboratively within an Agile team of cross-functional engineers.
- Use & evangelize best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Provide technical mentorship to junior team members.
- Working knowledge/experience in deploying microservices on Kubernetes or similar
- Working knowledge of deploying data pipelines, Airflow, Spark, Kafka
- Experience with IBM Cloud or similar services (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Leverage scripting to build required automation and tools on an ad-hoc basis
- Assisting developers in debugging application build, deployment and connectivity issues
- Automate OS and application deployments (server, configurations, application code)
- Experience in applying knowledge of Software Development practices (Preferably Agile)
This role would be ideal for someone who values and seeks best practices, and thrives in team-driven environments.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As per job description
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
As per job description
About Business Unit
We are a part of IBMs global Chief Information Office responsible for building applications and solving problems for IBM's 210,000 Business Partners and the IBMers who support them.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Airflow AWS Azure GCP Kafka Kubernetes Spark