Cloud Engineer/DevOps Engineer
San Antonio, TX
Novetta is seeking an experienced Cloud Engineer with a background in DevOps engineering to support our USAF customer. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of cloud environments like AWS, virtualization, automation and DevOps technologies like Kubernetes.
The candidate will be able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues within the DevOps cycle and pipeline. The candidate will have an in-depth understanding of how Kubernetes and Containerization (Docker) work together within a DevOps platform. The Candidate will have in-depth understanding of virtualization (VMware, Nutanix) and Network Infrastructure. The candidate will have in-depth understanding of AWS Cloud infrastructure and how DevOps integrates within the Cloud. A candidate with a desire to solve complex problems is an excellent match for this position.
- Work with other Novetta teams providing oversight and knowledge on design and features for implementation supporting our customers operational cloud environment
- Establishing and maintaining operations business cycle, to include issue resolution, customer service and documentation of troubleshooting activities
- Responsible for the flawless operations of tools related to Agile development for their development teams and optimizing cloud environment costs
- Develop and maintain mission-critical infrastructure and service components, command-line interface (CLIs), operations & site tools
- Automate and optimize deployment and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes
- Architect, optimize OS and cloud services, CLIs, and site tools
- Participate in architecture and software development activities evaluate and integrate new technologies to ensure Security Development Lifecycle
- Maintain and enhance the client’s infrastructure and security protocols.
- Troubleshoot reported issues with deployed cloud or CI/CD components or associated containerized services
- Work to maintain current cloud environments and production AWS resources
- Develop/expand environment according to Customer’s requirements
- Understand containerization concepts and technologies such as Kubernetes, docker, ansible, Jenkins, Terraform and how these applications fit into the DevOps lifecycle
- Be familiar with and able to work within a SAFe/Agile framework in a dynamic environment Team player, able to collaborate and communicate with other team members decomposing large tasks into small testable tasks
- 2+ years cloud experience (AWS or other)
- 1+ year of DevOps experience (Kubernetes, ansible, docker, terraform)
- 2+ years of building Cloud (PaaS) products and infrastructures
- 1+ year of experience troubleshooting multiple technologies in a secure environment
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of hands-on Kubernetes experience
- Expert in distributed systems, container orchestration (Docker, K8), and Cloud technologies (AWS,
- 3+ years experience employing Ansible playbooks
- 2+ years experience in a DevOps lifecycle
- Active TS/SCI
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs