Cloud Operations Engineer
Columbia MO, Remote
EquipmentShare is Hiring a Cloud Operations Engineer
EquipmentShare is searching for a Cloud Operations Engineer to support our Engineering team. This position can be local to the Columbia, MO area, Kansas City, MO area, or it can be remote.
EquipmentShare is dedicated to creating a connected jobsite for the modern contractor. We deliver user-friendly technology solutions that help contractors maximize their equipment uptime, reduce risk exposure and increase productivity. EquipmentShare’s product offerings include an improved equipment rental experience, fleet tracking and asset management software, hardware security solutions and predictive service and maintenance applications.
EquipmentShare is the fastest-growing, independently owned construction equipment rental company in the country. We serve dozens of markets across the U.S. and are on track to create a national footprint in every major market in the country by the end of 2023. Our branch locations are equipped with a broad range of construction equipment, ranging from 150-foot telescopic booms to 120,000-lb. track excavators.
EquipmentShare’s rapid growth goes beyond meeting a demand for equipment rentals in booming new markets. Instead, our mission begins with our rental product, and it’s a testimony to our ability to improve industry standards and better serve the customer. Our expansion and customer retention is a validation of strong contractor demand for the smart jobsite technology we’ve built into our rental fleet. And it’s just the beginning of our journey to establishing a global presence.
Your Opportunity to Grow With Us
We’re seeking a Cloud Operations Engineer to help us build and design cloud-native architectural principles to support our company mission. Our Cloud Operations Engineer will have the opportunity to help the cloud-native Engineering team continue to design and build scalable cloud applications. You’ll serve as the team’s expert when it comes to planning, deploying, tuning and supporting our cloud infrastructure. You’ll use best practices to ensure your team continues to successfully build high-performing and reliable cloud architecture.
The Cloud Operations Engineer will work with a highly collaborative, loosely structured team that’s growing fast. Our ideal candidate has experience and is comfortable working in a dynamic environment and assisting with DevOps and SRE type responsibilities. You are comfortable turning loose requirements into rugged and actionable solutions.
- Aid in the design, implementation, and maintenance of a secure, scalable cloud infrastructure platform across multiple accounts
- Identify bottlenecks, issues and areas of improvement for current cloud structure
- Work with product teams to take applications from ideation to delivery, to support our customers
- Stay up-to-date on evolving technology and communicate with the team on trends, finding new ideas and system improvements
Our mission to change an entire industry is not easily achieved, so we only hire people who are inspired by the goal and up for the challenge. In turn, our employees have every opportunity to grow with us, achieve personal and professional success and enjoy making a tangible difference in an industry that’s long been resistant to change.
Skills & Qualifications
- Either a seasoned AWS professional with significant experience enabling developers to build out cloud-first applications and/or an experienced Kubernetes Operator with experience managing deployment orchestration, gitops workflows, and working with multiple clusters.
- Significant experience designing solutions using best practices and automation.
- Proficient in Linux system administration or in software engineering
- Experience working with IoT applications and/or scaling out high throughput, data intensive applications.
- Experience deploying, managing, and enabling microservices
- Bonus points if you have experience with databases, docker, Kubernetes, Python, AWS CDK, Multiple AWS Regions/Accounts.
- Willingness to work in a fast-moving, dynamic work environment
Why We’re a Better Place to Work
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance and medical coverage benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Daily meals prepared by EquipmentShare’s chef, as well as a stocked breakroom with snacks and beverages in Columbia MO
- On-site gym and outdoor walking path at headquarters in Columbia, MO.
- Volunteering and local charity initiatives that help you nurture and grow the communities you call home through EquipmentCare
- Opportunities for career and professional development with conferences, events, seminars, continued education
Since our founding in 2015, we’ve had explosive growth—and we’re not stopping anytime soon. Ready to invest in our mission, invest in yourself and discover a better place to work? Then we’d love to meet you. Apply today.
EquipmentShare is an EOE M/F/D/V
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs