Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the team:
The Infrastructure team's mission is to deliver and support a reliable, self-servicing infrastructure platform and developer tooling that improves the software development process. We build and manage Alto's cloud infrastructure. Our team envisions an Alto in which engineers are enabled to build scalable and reliable systems and follow best-in-class software development practices that let them develop those systems quickly and with minimal friction. We build the platform and tools to make that possible.
Example projects include:
- Working with product engineering teams to build infrastructure that supports a transition from a monolithic codebase to a service oriented architecture
- Working with the data engineering team to define and implement infrastructure for data pipelines
- Iterating on our infrastructure to build out staging environments that support additional testing practices such as performance testing
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Build out best-in-class infrastructure in a complex security environment to support healthcare applications.
- Partner with the Product Engineering, Data, and Security teams to define and implement infrastructure solutions to support critical projects across Alto
- Help Alto scale and automate our cloud infrastructure
- Work with engineers to uncover bottlenecks to high quality product development and build tools to support the engineering team
A Bit About You:
- 3+ years of experience building and supporting cloud infrastructure
- Production experience working with Infrastructure as Code. We deploy our infrastructure on AWS running Kubernetes, and make use of Terraform and Helm.
- Are proficient in one or more backend programming languages. (At Alto, we mainly use Ruby on Rails and Go on the backend but experience with these specific languages is not required.)
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving that’s biased towards patient and business impact
- A strong sense of ownership over your work and a desire to uplevel your peers
- Passion for Alto’s mission and our company values
- Experience with Kubernetes in a production environment
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Salary Range: $135,000-160,000
Commission Eligible: No
Equity Eligible: Yes
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, Generous PTO and Parental Leave
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Staff Software Engineer (L4), Segment Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs