Forward Deployed Industry Leader - Reliability
Houston, TX; Redwood City, CA
C3.ai, Inc. (NYSE:AI) is a leading provider of Enterprise AI software for accelerating digital transformation. C3 AI delivers a family of fully integrated products: C3 AI® Suite, an end-to-end platform for developing, deploying, and operating large-scale AI applications; C3 AI Applications, a portfolio of industry-specific SaaS AI applications; C3 AI CRM, a suite of industry-specific CRM applications designed for AI and machine learning; and C3 AI Ex Machina, a no-code AI solution to apply data science to everyday business problems. The core of the C3 AI offering is an open, model-driven AI architecture that dramatically simplifies data science and application development. Learn more at: www.c3.ai
C3 AI is seeking a FDIL for C3 AI Reliability application to provide operations, engineering and maintenance expertise to customers in Refining, Petrochemicals, Upstream Hydrocarbon Processing and the greater process industries such as pulp and paper, mineral extraction, and inorganic chemicals.
FDIL - Reliability understands the data and business landscape and recognizes opportunities for C3 AI Reliability to increase availability and to decrease unplanned maintenance. Additionally, FDILs can put themselves in their customer’s work boots to envision data, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and fundamental engineering coming together to solve challenging problems profitably and quickly.
The C3 Reliability application, built on the C3 AI Suite, integrates disparate data into a unified federated image, including analog process signals; enterprise asset management systems; engineering drawings; laboratory measurements; vibration measurements; and inventory statistics. Using anomaly detection machine learning models, the application detects signs of degradation and potential breakdown earlier in the equipment lifecycle and provides the user an evidence package and failure mode recommendations that offer actionable advice.
- Utilize domain and technical expertise to understand client business initiatives and mission and translate them to C3 AI product features and capabilities.
- Facilitate project activities including (but not limited to) requirements gathering, use case definition, data and solution architecture validation and compliance with industry regulations and customer needs.
- Provide objective advice, expert insights and specialized skills to increase organizational knowledge, support projects and solve customer problems.
- Maintain close relationships with important clients and facilitate client communications, validate deliverables and drive external customer reviews.
- Drive internal process improvements and delivery best practices by applying functional and domain experience across multiple functional teams.
- Drive customization of application functionality and end user experience by working in partnership with the product management team to define new features and capabilities.
- Assist sales team during opportunity assessment and capture, particularly as it relates to domain specific requirements, regulations, deployment approach, timeline, and deliverables.
- Support the creation of statement of work content, ensuring scope, deliverables, assumptions, risks and resource needs are clearly defined and compliant with industry specific rules and regulations.
- Enhance C3 AI’s external recognition and branding by writing thought pieces and support industry outreach, to include presenting at relevant conferences and events.
- Prior management or consulting experience in the area of maintenance or process engineering.
- Minimum of three to four years of experience working in a hydrocarbon processing industry.
- Bachelor’s degree related technical discipline from an accredited college or university, a degree in Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Experience with project management methodologies: various flavors of Scrum, Agile, Waterfall.
- Proficiency with project management and reporting tools, e.g. MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Experience with project productivity and collaboration tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with industry tools such as OSISoft PI Historian, Aspentech PIMS, Aspentech Hysys, KBC Petrosim, Advance Process Control and Real Time optimization packages, GE Digital Asset Performance Management.
- Proven organizational and coordination skills with the ability to multi-task across several initiatives.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal and cross-functional teams to discuss and define scope, objectives, project plans and deliverables.
C3 AI provides a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including:
- Competitive salary, generous stock options, 401K, medical, dental, and vision benefits. At the office, we offer a fully stocked kitchen with catered breakfast and lunch, table tennis and pool table, free membership at our on-site gym, Friday evening social hours with food, drink and music and a fun team of great people.
C3 AI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Staff Software Engineer (L4), Segment Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs