Engineering Manager, Site Reliability
San Francisco, CA
Lattice is on a mission to build cultures where employees and their companies thrive. In an age where employees have more choice than ever before, businesses that put employees first are winning – and Lattice is building the tools to empower those people centric companies. Lattice is a people management platform that offers performance reviews, employee engagement surveys, real-time feedback, weekly check-ins, goal setting, and career planning in a way that allows companies to focus on employee development, growth, and engagement – yielding stronger employee retention, performance, and impact to the bottom line. Since launching in 2016 we have grown to over 2,750+ customers globally, including brands like Slack, Pinterest, Reddit, and Asana.
We’re a small and impactful team of software engineers continuously working to improve our product and our craft. We use a modern, cutting-edge tech stack and love experimenting with new technologies to create our products. We work highly cross-functionally in partnership with our Sales, Customer Success, Product and Design teams to shape the product we support.
Who You Are
You have 2+ years of experience directly managing software engineers. In this capacity, you have been responsible for guiding and coaching the development of your direct reports, providing performance feedback, hiring, and fostering a diverse, collaborative and inclusive team culture.
- You have experience collaborating with other engineering leaders and cross-functional team members.
- You have several years of experience developing your hands-on software engineering and technical abilities. From this, you have a proven ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance to your team.
- You are kind and intellectually mature; equipped with the empathy, integrity, and technical ability required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, autonomy, and responsibility; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it.
- You have excitement for building up teams. You enjoy hiring and tuning the process to identify talent from diverse backgrounds.
- You are empathetic and employee-focused: you care deeply about the people on your team, helping them to achieve their personal and professional goals, and enabling them to do the best work of their lives.
- You have expertise in delivering and operating software-as-a-service (SaaS) using a “DevOps” approach.
- You have experience supporting a SaaS engineering team with automation and observability tools that enable them to keep pace with growing demand.
- You have experience with operational incident management, and have served on or even managed an engineering on-call rotation in the past.
- Preferably, you have professional experience with the technologies with which we work, e.g. Amazon Web Services, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Node.js, PostgreSQL.
- You are willing and able to dive into the code yourself, and can support your teammates with code reviews and technical design feedback.
- Develop a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Lattice's values.
- Help engineers advance in their careers.
- Enable your team to do the best work of their lives.
Scale the team
- Work closely with our Recruiting team and other Engineering Managers to expand the team. This includes sourcing, interviewing, and closing candidates, as well as identifying new sources from which to recruit.
- Onboard new engineers so that they are set up for success from the beginning.
Scale the process
- Ensure a delightful, reliable experience for Lattice customers around the globe, while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of development.
- Set the direction for the team and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via intentional long-term planning.
- Ensure your team delivers outsized output and impact.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the leadership team.
- Collaborate closely with other Lattice engineering and product teams to define, plan, and prioritize our Site Reliability roadmap.
- Advocate for DevOps best practices and the overall developer experience within the Lattice Engineering department.
- Represent your team to the larger org. Ensure they receive public recognition for their success and take ownership of their failures.
We are rapidly growing across multiple dimensions, including our customer base, the scope of products we offer, and the size of the engineering team. Now is the opportune time for a strong candidate to join, take on outsized ownership, and continue to grow with us.
- We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team that is passionate about solving customers’ needs and loves coming to work every day
- Partner with 2,750+ companies around the world to make sure their employees are engaged and performing at a high level
- A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning reimbursements
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Hybrid work model with a mix of work from home and centrally located office
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
Lattice is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Lattice is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Staff Software Engineer (L4), Segment Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs