Database Engine Developer - 20 Month Term
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Database Engine Developer - 20 Month Term
Job location: our office in Ottawa, CanadaThis is a 20 month contract position with possibility of turning into a permanent position.
About the team
Did you think you had to move to Silicon Valley to work on cutting-edge database technology? You can do that right here in Ottawa, Ontario!
We will consider candidates located anywhere in Canada and are willing to relocate. We also offer relocation assistance and will consider remote work for highly qualified candidates.
We’re responsible for the database engine that is the foundation of RapidResponse®. Our in-memory database technology offers features that are unique in the industry, such as data versioning and analytics integration.
We’re creating the next generation architecture for our database, transitioning to a distributed architecture, and scaling our infrastructure to support big data.
These are exciting times! We are growing our team to achieve our goals faster.
What You Will Do
- Shape features of the next generation distributed architecture for greater scalability
- Balance complexity, execution time, and memory footprint to deliver performant solutions
- Design algorithms and data structures that minimize memory footprint and perform efficiently
- Enable smooth continuous operations of our database in a multi-threading environment
- Harness the power of our automated test infrastructure and the creative energy of our testers to ensure your code keeps working correctly
- Advance your knowledge and application of C++ to optimize the code to achieve the above goals
- Collaborate closely with your Agile team members and other stakeholders
Technologies We Use
- C++ for core development
- C# for some infrastructure and testing
What We Are Looking For
- Primarily, we want someone who has a keen interest in database and query engine development!
- Good communication and teaming skills
- Experience writing efficient code for optimal memory/CPU usage, preferably in C++
- Experience working in a multi-threaded environment, preferably on Windows
- Understanding of what’s going on “behind the scenes” at the RAM and system level for algorithms you write
- Ability to create and communicate high-level designs, then implement them with attention to details
- Drive to find best solutions – via innovation, collaboration, and/or use of existing proven to work frameworks/ algorithms/patterns
- And a desire to make a difference in the world!
Are you passionate about this area? Please apply!
Nice to have:
- Experience using C++ STL containers and algorithms
- Experience with Design Patterns
- Experience with Distributed Database Solutions
- Background in, or understanding of, supply chain management
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Staff Software Engineer (L4), Segment Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs