Staff Software Engineer, Machine Learning Infrastructure
Do you want to be part of a growing machine learning organization that uses the insights gleaned from petabytes of data to create tailored and magical game experiences for millions of players? Niantic, the developer of Pokemon GO and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is looking for a strong machine learning infrastructure engineer interested in building a large scale machine learning platform to empower internal teams to efficiently leverage machine learning technology. As a tech lead, you will lead a small team of engineers to construct a reliable and highly scalable machine learning platform with the latest ML industrial practice. Our goal is to provide tooling that allows Niantic machine learning engineers and scientists to focus on what they are good at --- building models, and facilitate experimenting and launching machine learning models into a production environment.
- Design a large-scale machine learning platform, and collaboratively implement it with the team.
- Collaborate with a talented group of machine learning scientists and use their knowledge to inform the design of the machine learning platform and tools.
- Collaborate with game teams to get your code into our games and the Lightship platform.
- Work with engineering leadership to help shape the roadmap and processes of our growing ML and Data organization.
- 6+ years of professional experience in building large-scale backend systems.
- 2+ years of experience in building large-scale machine learning infrastructure, preferably on a cloud platform.
- Strong software engineering practices and experience with the full software development lifecycle that includes coding, code reviews, testing, design/architecture, deployment, and documentation.
- A BSc, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or other equivalent technical fields.
- You have experience working with open source machine learning platform, e.g., Kubeflow, Apache Spark, MLFlow.
- You have experience working with large scale data processing engines, e.g. Apache Spark, GCP Cloud Dataflow.
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar cloud infrastructure frameworks.
- Previous experience with launching ML systems into production environment serving large scale use cases.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Staff Software Engineer (L4), Segment Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs