Director of DevOps
Chicago, Illinois, United States
About Beyond Finance
Beyond Finance is an exciting next generation FinTech company with offices in Chicago, Houston, and San Diego. We provide financial products that are easy to use and accessible that aim to improve people’s lives. As the consumer debt market continues to grow in the United States, we have made it our objective to create a transparent and fair debt management service that is customized to the consumer’s individual situation.
Our leadership team has extensive experience and expertise in the financial services and debt management marketplace. We are reinventing the market by investing in innovative technologies to best serve our customers. Our workforce is a community made up of celebrated, diverse backgrounds working towards the common objective of developing something transformational for the debt settlement industry.
About the Role
We are looking for a Director of DevOps who specializes in AWS to lead a team that develops, maintains, and supports our growing infrastructure and application development. As a Director of DevOps you will provide strategic, innovative, and cost-effective solutions to increase efficiency, reliability, and integration of our services and operations. You will work in a semi-autonomous environment where fast prototyping of emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems is the rule.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and drive the overall DevOps strategy and technical roadmap covering our entire AWS technology stack
- Create a culture of continual improvement following cloud best practices
- Mentor and coach a team of technical experts as well as participate in day-to-day infrastructure work
- Provide the tools, infrastructure, process, and know-how to our engineering teams that will enable them innovate and deliver with greater speed and safety
- Evangelize infrastructure-as-code and work to migrate legacy servers to use it
- Promote openness, diversity of opinions, and inclusive discussions at all times to evaluate a wide variety of ideas and perspectives in solving challenging problems
What We Look For
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps leadership role
- Experience in software development and infrastructure development
- Strong experience with building and maintaining various AWS services, including EC2, RDS, CodePipeline, Elastic Beanstalk, Fargate, etc
- Strong experience with database technologies such as PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, and/or Mongo
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems
- Current with industry trends and best practices, ability to identify the ones we should implement
- Strong time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed