Security Engineer (Enterprise Infrastructure)
Security Engineer, Enterprise Infrastructure (Shanghai)
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for Security Engineers to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As Security Engineer, Enterprise Infrastructure, you will be responsible for enabling visibility across the enterprise environment, administering security tools, building integrations, automation and custom tooling to bridge gaps. You will also lead security incident response in the APAC region in collaboration with the global security team.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, and manage network security controls (firewall, VPN, 802.1x, proxies, wireless, zero trust) in partnership with Network Engineering that ensure secure and resilient global network architectures.
- Administer endpoint security solutions that enable protection, detection, response and recovery capabilities (anti-malware, EDR, forensics, email and web security).
- Monitor and respond to security events generated from security tooling or from user reports.
- Ensure complete coverage of security monitoring capabilities that enable continuous asset inventory and posture assessment across the enterprise.
- Establish and maintain incident response playbooks, train incident handlers on their use, and participate in tabletop exercises to test their completeness.
- Partner with the Enterprise IAM team to make continuous improvements to identity lifecycle automation and triage access request escalations.
- Partner with the engineering, infrastructure, network operations, and security teams to develop, deploy, and maintain secure enterprise architectures aligned to internal standards and current best practices.
- Partner with the Security Compliance and PMO teams in establishing APAC security programs.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and newsletter items for communicating with management and teams across the company.
- Create a culture of transparency, information sharing, and collaboration through the development of excellent documentation, mentoring of junior team members, and living Flexport’s values.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of progressive security and IT experience in a fast-paced global company.
- 3+ years of experience administering network, identity, and endpoint security tools.
- 3+ years of experience in security incident response.
- Experience with SIEM and security orchestration technologies.
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with DevOps and SaaS environments.
- Experience with major IaaS and PaaS cloud platforms and best practices for monitoring and securing such environments
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
Culture & Values
- Learn more at www.keyvalues.com/flexport
Where you’ll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street in San Francisco, but we also have engineering teams working out of our locations in Atlanta, Seattle, and Chicago. Remote work is also possible from CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA. As a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs